Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am nominating Doc Rivers and he wins this award hands down. He single handidly just cost the Celtics a game by talking out the players hitting for a bunch of rookies and players who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight.

Someone has cloned Isiah Thomas and put a Doc Rivers mask on him. This isn't the first time we have lost a game because of his dumb rotations.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Tas said:
He single handidly just cost the Celtics a game by talking out the players hitting for a bunch of rookies and players who couldn't hit the broad side of a barn tonight.
Least coherent sentence ever. What are you talking about?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Doc Rivers is one of the best coaches in the game. He's a teacher of the game and teaches players... He's good at developing talent and getting guys to play the right way. He did the right thing.. if a rookie out there playing bad, and doing the wrong things take him out. If the star is out there playing bad or doing something wrong, take him out. He'll do it.

The worst coach in the league is Byron Scott.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
TataFry said:
Why do people keep saying this? Is it just because NOH are so bad this year? He *did* make back-to-back Finals appearances not too long ago.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sherwin said:
If you had watched the game you would know what I was talking about.

Tatafry, You are wrong. The guy is horrible and I cannot wait for him to be fired after Danny Ainge becomes the coach of the Timberwolves. (wishful thinking on that rumor but still praying it happens)

Byron Scott is horrible too. I remember when he took Kidd out of the game during a playoff series vs the Spurs with 40 seconds left when they were down by only 4. He just gave up.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
TataFry said:
Doc Rivers is one of the best coaches in the game. He's a teacher of the game and teaches players... He's good at developing talent and getting guys to play the right way. He did the right thing.. if a rookie out there playing bad, and doing the wrong things take him out. If the star is out there playing bad or doing something wrong, take him out. He'll do it.

Doc is definitely not the worst coach in the league, but he is not a very good one either. Doc is a motivator and a players coach, but he isn't very good with Xs and Os and at times makes some real poor subbing decisions. Of course, then Orlando decided to hire a poor man's Doc Rivers after they fired him.

·
Banned
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
JNice said:
Doc is definitely not the worst coach in the league, but he is not a very good one either. Doc is a motivator and a players coach, but he isn't very good with Xs and Os and at times makes some real poor subbing decisions. Of course, then Orlando decided to hire a poor man's Doc Rivers after they fired him.

Well tonight his subbing decisions cost us another game and believe me, this was not the first one.

He isn't motivating the team the Celtics currently have. In fact he is going out of his way to show Paul Pierce that he is the boss. Winning doesn't seem to matter to Doc. I am all for putting a player in his place but when it literally costs you games you need to make the playoffs due to your stubborness then it is time to find another way to discripline the player)

There comes a time as a coach that you should try and fix the things you do that don't work. If Orlando fans say he was horrible with his subbing substitutions then as a Celtic coach he should have figured that out by now.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
Does Guy Heard qualify as a coach?

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
1.Sam Mitcehl
2. [Knicks Coach]
3. [Lakers Coach]
4. Jeff Van Gundy
5. Paul Silas

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Why the hate for Doc Rivers? I know we've lost the last two, but it wasn't Doc's fault.

We shot 38.3% against the Knicks and 37.3% against the Bulls.

As I said in the Celtic forum, you can have a high power coaching you, but if you're going to shoot like that, you probably won't win.

·
Registered
5,859 Posts
sherwin said:
Why? There were only a couple of spelling errors.

And I definitely wouldn't call Doc Rivers the worst coach in the league.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Sam Mitchell is the worst coach in the league right now. He has no control over his team and in the final seconds it is always give the ball to jalen rose, and let him do whatever he wants. They should run some set plays to get people like Donyell, Bosh, Bonner or Peterson open for looks while they focus on Rose. He also doen't seem to get along with the players, ie Rafer, Rose to a certain extent, Eric Williams, Donyell marshall, MoPete.

Doc "Kobes #1 fanboy" Rivers is a horrible coach but he is not close to being the worse, Jim O'brien is worst then him, Jim Hanblem is worse,

·
Registered
7,095 Posts
1.mitchelle
2..o briane
3.scott
4. lakers coach
5. silas

jvg is a very good and eilte coach

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
It has to be Eddie Jordan. He has no offensive system and the worst defensive schemes in the league. Washington has been winning in spite of him for a while, but the players are finally starting to speak out.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts