Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Malone or Vlade

I'd say vlade.. he ruins the game every time u blow on him he falls down.. then on the other end all he ever does is cry about not gettin the call.. when hes the one leaning in throwing his body around trying to draw the contact... Chris webber is learning pretty well also how to be a little *****!!!

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will be sad to see..

malone become the all time leading scorer in the nba...
I love the new flava of ball.. but u have to respect how the old men play ball in utah.. i just wish a big free agent like lewis or someone of that caliber would go and help those guys out.. scott padgett and osterfag cant cut it..

·
Registered
8,350 Posts
vlade ruins the game,you have to be kidding me right.the guy is a class act and if you havent noticed one of the best big men in the game.fact is you dont see vlade doing all the so called flopping against anyone else but shaq.another fact is shaq is initiating the contact,do you think you would be falling back if he hit you?

·
Registered
3,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i agree..

Vlade is prob. the 3rd best center in the game
he has great fundamentals and moves but he flops and complains too much!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I really don't understand why people hate Vlade Divac so much. Guys, I agree he flops, but it's not like he's the only one in the league who does it. And even if he was the only one doing it, I don't understand how it's "bad" for basketball. He's not breaking any rules. I totally hate Jason Kidd, man! He does that kissing thing on every free throw! What a jerk! That kissing thing is bad for basketball! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
It wasn't in the question, but Shaq is bad for basketball.

He commits a foul every time down the court, and it's never called (on him).

·
Registered
450 Posts
Originally posted by BBallFan

i totally agree, and he is also 3 in the key everytime, too!

·
Registered
450 Posts
but shaq is not as bad as kobe, kobe wines after every call, or when he shoots, he thinks hes fouled. that annoys the crap out of me.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Originally posted by twolvefan11
but shaq is not as bad as kobe, kobe wines after every call, or when he shoots, he thinks hes fouled. that annoys the crap out of me.
Yeah. Shaq and Kobe reminds me of this group of guys we used to play pick-up games against. Everytime one of them missed a shot he called foul. Heck, if one of them dribbles out of bound, he called foul.

We never bothered to ask if they're from XX... We just assume they are.<b><font color=blue>(City edited out - Please do not denigrate an entire city, as that is against the rules.) TR - administrator

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Personally, I'd rather wtch Vlade flop than watch Shaq bowl over someone half his size and dunk on him 20 times a game. But what are you gonna do......

·
Jersey Girl
10,482 Posts
Originally posted by Wiggum
I totally hate Jason Kidd, man! He does that kissing thing on every free throw! What a jerk! That kissing thing is bad for basketball! :rolleyes:
but it's good for the ladies! :D

anyway, i don't get why people pick on vlade so much. he's a factor in how the kings came so close to beating the lakers.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Pat Riley

The worst person I can think of is Pat Riley. Yeah, I know he had those exciting showtime teams, but then he got to New York and took the Piston's bad boy style to a whole new level. Whereas the Pistons at least could play 'some' offense, having one of the greatest backcourts of all time, the Knicks had Patrick Ewing (who seemed to be past his prime even way back then) and John Starks. Riley showed that by pushing defensive rules to the limit, it is possible for teams to win with inferior talent. I blame Riley for starting the trend that would see scoring averages and shooting percentages decline for nearly ten years.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I would have to say Vlade because Malone is one of the best players ever. Sure he is rough on the court but at least he can play basketball. Vlade just flops around and complains to the refs. They both trash talk alot but at least Malone can back it up by his play on the court

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by hunterb14
I would have to say Vlade because Malone is one of the best players ever. Sure he is rough on the court but at least he can play basketball. Vlade just flops around and complains to the refs. They both trash talk alot but at least Malone can back it up by his play on the court
OK...I'm really not trying to start an argument here, but I just don't understand why Divac's flopping is bad for basketball. For one thing, he's not the only player who does it. Also, he's not breaking the rules. There is no rule against flopping. I can understand why you wouldn't like Divac or Malone personally, but to say they are "bad for basketball" is unfounded.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Originally posted by BBallFan

Why does everybody complain about Shaq? People hang on him and so he reacts with force. It's Vlade who is the problem. Don't be mad at Shaq because he is the most dominant center.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
A Kings fan is calling Shaq-Kobe whiners?

Please. Vlade and Webber wine after every freaken call. It's no coincidence that those two guys are always among the league leaders in technicals. I'm surprised they don't get tossed more often. Sheed gets a technical for just staring at an official and Vlade throws a temper tantrum and starts crying like a spoiled brat and nothing happens to him. And don't even start me on that coach...

1 - 20 of 89 Posts