Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who is your favorite Celtic of All-Time?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who is your favorite Celtic of all time?

Since greatness is returning :biggrin: I figured it was time to talk about our winning roots....there have been so many GREAT Celtics over the years and the poll only lets me include 10 so if yours is someone else just tell us....

Reactions: Anima

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From this list my favorite was the Cheif...Robert Parish but as a kid my favorites were Danny Ainge and Dennis Johnson.

·
Registered
70 Posts
i picked paul because i like Piston-PowerPierce am too young to know the older guys well enough and i love Pierces game. I model everything I do basketball-wise (except the occasional non-hustle) by Pierce.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Larry Legend

Many fond moments growing up outside the city watching Bird - got to go to some great games when the Big Three were in their prime.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
I love PP but Bird is my all time favorite. Even though he wasn't very athletic he was much more fun then most players today.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
I went with Walker. I want to say Bill Russell, but I honestly can't as I never saw him play. Same is true for Bird and McHale, who I didn't see in their primes. I go with Walker for the energy and the intensity he brings every night out. I also think that he's one hell of a teammate and really cares about the kids on the team and helping them develop on and off the court.

·
Registered
472 Posts
You guys are making me feel OLD! So far I'm the only one who has voted for Hondo :cry: Seriously, I was just a kid watching on TV when he was finishing up his career in Boston, but growing up he was the player I always tried to emulate. I was lucky enough to watch Bird, McHale, Parish, etc. through all of their careers and there's no denying that the were great players, and what can you say about Cousy, Russell, etc. that hasn't been said hundreds of times before, but Havlichek is still my all time favorite.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
gotta say larry legend.

i do like paul pierce and walker a lot though. but paul pierce isn't even my favorite player currently anymore.

Reactions: Anima

·
Premium Member
2,233 Posts
I will have to go with the #00, the chief - Robert Parish.
Everyone else has Russell and Cousy and Larry, but Parish was the blue collar worker, that never got the big props he deserved, it was always about Larry and Kevin. A more consistant player than Parish you have to search a long time for. With 1600 games under his belt, I call that experience.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
aquaitious said:
:topic: Rhino, I gotta say, I love that avatar.

Thanx, I thought he looked mad, like someone dared to try to get a layup while he was there and he was like HECK NO! Love that kids fiestyness :biggrin:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts