Metta
Blake
Hill
Jamison
Are locks. That's 8.

Duhon
Meeks
Ebanks
Contracts are guaranteed, I think we can count on them as well, that gives us 11.

Who do you spend the last 4 roster spots on? Glock is maybe the second best shooter on the team after Nash and our leading scorer off the bench in points per minute last year so you keep him. CDR has shown a knack for creating his own shot. Sacre is 7 foot and not tripping over his own feet. The 15th spot should go to Magic Johnson Lamar Odom or Darius Morris and leave them in the D league all year, and frankly I don't have an opinion either way on those two. I will say in the 15 minutes Morris has played this preseason he's looked more aggressive. Somebody can argue for Earl Clark as well. Brown seems to be giving him plenty of chances to show something, but in the end I would rather have Sacre for the size or one of the two young PG's for potential as future rotation players.

See less See more
#4 ·
I think Sacre has to make it. I mean we only have 3 big men without him and two of them have back injuries.

#5 ·
I'd like to see them cut Morris whether he has a guaranteed contract or not. I just don't see what he brings to the table.

I agree Sacre has a good chance due to the injuries of our other bigs. And I wouldn't mind CDR making the team either. Goudelock is alright but I'm not sure he makes it because of who he is playing behind. DJO I haven't seen enough of.

#7 ·
I agree regarding Morris. He must really impress the staff in practices or something. Sure two of our 3 point guards are over 32, but I just don't see him as future Jordan Farmar even. Last year when Blake got hurt he was almost a liability.

As for Glock, it's kind of crazy to buy out a guy making, what 500 gs? If he does have a guaranteed deal, just pay him what you owe him and move on. But in the end if it comes down to him or CDR I think they keep Glock since both probably won't have much of a role and one is already paid for? Are you guys sure his deal is guaranteed?

#8 ·
I'm not sure about Glock's deal. Several places have him listed as non-guaranteed but I have also seen him listed as having a partial guarantee.

#11 ·
No. Neither of them are good shooters, but CDR isn't timid on offense, has some moves, a good handle, good court vision, and a mid-range game. Ebanks blows him out of the water on defense, though. I don't see how CDR is still bouncing around. I thought he was a steal in the draft, but I guess his attitude is just that bad.

#13 ·
I think the last 4 spots go to Sacre, CDR, Glock, and Clark. My guess is the staff wants to keep Morris and DJO because they are cheap young players, but Im just not sure how good they are. Brown said in a radio interview he has been impressed with Clark in practice, so that and his guaranteed contract have me thinking he'll get the last spot. I think we need Sacre just to keep enough big men rostered, Glock's shooting/scoring and our lack of depth at the 2 will see him stay, and CDR is just a better talent than the other guys. My biggest problem with CDR is, I dont know how he fits in the rotation. He creates a bit of a logjam at the 3.

#14 ·
there arent really 4 spots - right now I think there are 14 guaranteed contracts on the books (including those of Glock and Clark), there's one spot (give or take any d-league reassigning you might want to try) - I think Sacre has to be the guy

(and CDR is camp fodder)

#15 ·
yeah Cdr can give us productive minutes with vet savy and athleticism. Sacre has some interesting potential and with Nash dropping dimes he could become a player.

Morris sucks has the wrong mentality appeas to be a dumb pg and they don't last in the league along with his average skillset.

Glock eh not really an nba layer either but has a skill that always translates like to see him in a small line up with Nash where he can get shots in his sweet spots just to see if he can really be a factor shooting.

Clarke is a bust. DJO has some potential.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.