• Hold ESPN Dream Job 3 to find new coach

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Other (write in)

Votes: 3 10.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Phil Jackson. If we have committed to waste this season to learn the triangle, it had damn well better pay off. Can you imagine if we went through all this and we don't even get Phil back?

·
Registered
955 Posts
Stu Lantz, has a high Basketball IQ,

out

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
onelakerfan said:
Stu Lantz, has a high Basketball IQ,

out
No way! Stu and Garry Vitti are the last two people that had the same position they had when I first became a Laker fan now that Vlade no longer is the starting center. Keep Stu as a commentator.

By the way I voted for Phil of course, I was one of the people that never wanted him to leave.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Damian Necronamous said:
Phil Jackson. If we have committed to waste this season to learn the triangle, it had damn well better pay off. Can you imagine if we went through all this and we don't even get Phil back?
Yup.

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
I voted for EHL :clap:

·
Registered
1,525 Posts
P.s:

I would like Phil back but realastically Silas wouldnt be bad or Flip.

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Phil Jackson. I was just listening to an interview with him on the radio and I miss the hell out of the guy. Basketball is as much about harmony and teamwork as it is X's and O's. Phil is the best in that department so he's the guy I want. Let old Tex Winters take care of the X's and O's.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Phil Jackson has the NBA on a string right now. The Lakers, Cavaliers, Blazers, Orlando Magic, Knicks and T'Wolves all have him at the top of their lists. Not to mention all the teams that would fire their coaches on the spot in order to land him. He's got the Lakers by the balls too because there aren't any serious candidates available right now. The only other coach who can even begin to approach Jackson's rep and may be available for next season is Larry Brown.

He's reportedly been asking teams for $12 million a year, which he won't get from any team, but whoever comes the closest I guess has the best chance. There's no way he's going to the Blazers or the Knicks. The Blazers can't attract one decent free agent to play for them, nobody seems to want to trade with them even for their ending contracts, and the Knicks' cap situation is just too messed up to have a chance to do anything with.

He seems to prefer returning here but who knows, he could be using us as a bargaining tool. He wants his 10th ring, but I'm not sure why he thinks he'd have the best chance of getting it here.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
i FpHIL COMES BACK, will Tex Winter come back as well?

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
thug_immortal8 said:
i FpHIL COMES BACK, will Tex Winter come back as well?
Tex Winters is going to go wherever Phil goes. Even when he's dead, they'll just carry his corpse around. He'll be like that guy from Weekend at Bernie's.

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Pinball said:
Tex Winters is going to go wherever Phil goes. Even when he's dead, they'll just carry his corpse around. He'll be like that guy from Weekend at Bernie's.
:rofl:

·
Quite frankly, I'm...
14,767 Posts
Jamel Irief said:
By the way I voted for Phil of course, I was one of the people that never wanted him to leave.
So did I. :yes:

·
Banned
2,620 Posts
Pinball said:
:rofl: Nice!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts