Votes: 10 20.0%
  • Camby

Votes: 40 80.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Until he gets injured, I pick Camby easily. I have Nene pretty high on my overrated player list. He's solid, but hardly anything spectcular at this point; yet I see many talk about him like he's right up there among the best young bigs in the game. He's a 12/6/0.5 BPG player. Nothing wrong with that, but Camby is a 10/10/2.5 BPG center -- his rebounding and blocks are worlds better, and that's what you want from the center spot most of the time.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
Until he gets injured, I pick Camby easily. I have Nene pretty high on my overrated player list. He's solid, but hardly anything spectcular at this point; yet I see many talk about him like he's right up there among the best young bigs in the game. He's a 12/6/0.5 BPG player. Nothing wrong with that, but Camby is a 10/10/2.5 BPG center -- his rebounding and blocks are worlds better, and that's what you want from the center spot most of the time.
Ha, Nene has the size, body, wingspan, footwork, and hands to be something very special.

I wonder if they are going to start Kmart, Nene and Camby?

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Based on last year's performances, it's Camby and it's not even close. But Nene could be a superstar if he wanted to, too bad he's just about the PF version of Eddy Curry.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bballlife</b>!

Ha, Nene has the size, body, wingspan, footwork, and hands to be something very special.

I wonder if they are going to start Kmart, Nene and Camby?
Nene does have the tools that <i>could</i> make him something special. However, he isn't something special right now. Right now, he's a decent starting level big. Until he starts putting that "something special" into action, I start Camby without thinking twice.

·
Premium Member
3,482 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Arclite</b>!
Based on last year's performances, it's Camby and it's not even close. But Nene could be a superstar if he wanted to, too bad he's just about the PF version of Eddy Curry.
What? How is he like Eddy Curry?

He is nothing like him and far more skilled.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Originally posted by <b>guyinabox</b>!
Nene or Camby?
It's so OBVIOUS. The Nuggets didn't give Camby $60M to be on the Bench watching. Camby will start and play all the minutes he can handle. Nene is a project and, if the Nuggets do well next year, he will be traded to fill other needs. The Nuggets are very carefully and watching Camby's health closely. No one is certain he will be healthy 82 games.

Nene for a SG in February??

·
Registered
9,855 Posts
Originally posted by <b>MJG</b>!
Nene does have the tools that <i>could</i> make him something special. However, he isn't something special right now. Right now, he's a decent starting level big. Until he starts putting that "something special" into action, I start Camby without thinking twice.
I agree. Nene is huge, 6'11 260lbs of muscle with althleticism and quickness. Yet, all he puts up is 12ppg and 6rpg in 33 mpg. In the playoffs, those numbers went down to 8 ppg and 5 rpg. He is capable of so much more, but he seems too passive. In that regard, he is like Eddy Curry. You have to wonder how badly does he want to be a star player...:no:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nene is very talented hes strong moves quick can pass can be a shut down defender when he wants

his biggest problem is he's too damn LAZY over the last 2 years he hasn't progress in the games He's eddy curry but with skill and probably more lazy

if Nene works hard he can be a GREAT player cause of his comination of skill and talent

If I was the Nuggets I would use Camby off the bench cause if Camby starting usually leads to injury he's a important player as a Knicks fan I'm dying to see him back but he doesn't want to come here

Camby should come of the bench as the back up SF/PF/C

Just my 2 cents :grinning:

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I would give the starting center role to Camby because he is a natural center. Nene doesn't work hard enough on the rebounds and he does not provide as much as a shot blocking presence as Camby does. Nene should however, get around the same amount of minutes as Camby if not more because he is a VERY talented player otherwise.

·
Incognasho
4,061 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bballlife</b>!
What? How is he like Eddy Curry?

He is nothing like him and far more skilled.
I didn't even say he was like Eddy Curry. I said he was the power forward's version of Eddy Curry - i.e. very skilled but unmotivated and lazy, with a lackadaisacal approach toward improving as a player, etc.

·
"True Story"
1,330 Posts
It's nice to see Camby getting some respect. I think he's underrated. He should be the starter without question.

If he wasn't as brittle as Mr. Glass, he'd probably have been an all-star by now.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts