Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Keep the young guys, be patient

Votes: 18 75.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Who should be traded? I want to see where Bulls fans stand as far as who should be traded, if anybody.

Vote in the poll, and leave thoughts.

EDIT -- Please post thoughts. Theres so many options, I'm sure many people feel we should do something inbetween these two options. There are so many options though so I couldnt post them all. I thought these two options accuratley described what we can do in a very vague manner.

So vote the best you can, and explain. I want to see what Bulls fans think we should do next, this is rock bottom.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Keep the young guys and actually start developing them. Show them some support. When you screw up one players development, maybe it's the player. But when you fail at every draft pick up till Hinrich, it says something about your player development. And actually I don't really see Hinrich is really getting much benefit by playing on the bulls. Imagine if he were playing for a coach like Jerry Sloan? Yowza.

It's time for this organization to stop blowing things up and start building.

But I hope for C's sake that they get traded. Cause this is a ****ty organization to be with.

Think about it. These kids are so confused they actually applauded Jerry Krause.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a sad state of affairs. What I saw tonight was truly depressing. I wanted to hold on to JC/Curry until atleast the offseason to train them, but that may be too long.

Right now, the most important player in our franchise is playing for Uconn right now. We cannot bring a player of that calibur into a franchise thats at rock bottom, keep the same players and add him, and expect him to turn it around.

We're going to have a top 3-5 pick this year, if we arent in position to get Okafor, trade for a better pick.

Right now, I'd rather have Hinrich/Okafor/Chandler on the court than JC/Eddy/Chandler.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
Keep the young guys and actually start developing them. Show them some support. When you screw up one players development, maybe it's the player. But when you fail at every draft pick up till Hinrich, it says something about your player development. And actually I don't really see Hinrich is really getting much benefit by playing on the bulls. Imagine if he were playing for a coach like Jerry Sloan? Yowza.

It's time for this organization to stop blowing things up and start building.

But I hope for C's sake that they get traded. Cause this is a ****ty organization to be with.

Think about it. These kids are so confused they actually applauded Jerry Krause.
Do you think its too late for Curry and Crawford though. It seems like they are trying to not get yelled at, more than they are trying to develop and win. Thats a bad place to be in, but the management has put them there to try and speed up the process since we lost the past 2 years of their development letting them slide on many things.

I think its too late for them. Plus They dont fit the dynamic that Paxson was/is trying to build. From what I've seen, he wants hustling intense players who play hard defense. Neither JC or Eddy are very intense on the floor.

I think its too late. I was with the let them develop mindstate, but I think we've F'ed with them too much already. Plus Pax doesnt like the guys, that says enough right there. How can they play for an organization knowing the GM always has you on the trade block.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Anyone but Chandler and Hinrich.

JC is a nice player but I don't think he'll ever become a real good player, quite possibly the next Jerry Stackhouse.

Curry might do well in another city, one where he aint playing in front of friends and family half the time. Though I, like so many others question his heart and intensity.

Either way I see Paxson making his own mark on the team by shipping or letting go most of Krause's recent draft picks.

·
Premium Member
8,802 Posts
Trade some of the vets, AD, Gill. Keep Curry, Chandler, Hinrich, & Crawfor and work on developing them.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Initiate a project... Introduce a defensive mentality is the first point.. Talent is not all.. Bulls have to create a solid group.. a team play.. The base is extraordinary...Only having 2 of the most promising frontline players of the Nba should garantee a bright future... Now is time to be patient and not to rush... Rebuild again would be too hard..

·
Registered
217 Posts
I doubt the Bulls would get anything of percieved equal value in return for any of the Cs. And even after three years I'm not sure the Bulls really know what they have for sure. So, baring some blockbuster, can't refuse offer out of the blue, they might as well keep their own garbage and try to salvage it. Rather than take on someone else's player that everyone already knows is trash.

In fact, if the Cs market value really is that low, then instead of trading them, the Bulls should sign them up for cheap contract extensions. Use the leftover cap space to sign a legitimate star.

·
Registered
2,900 Posts
I'd say trade Jamal, because the Bulls need a true go-to guy. All the Bulls need is a consistent go-to guy, a guy who can score on his own.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
you gave me only two answers. I chose #1 but I do not really want to blow up the team, nor do I want to be patient.

I do not want to give Crawford away. I think a nice SF to play with him would do wonders for his game. However, let's be honest. He is on the block and has been since the summer. I do not want a Anderson/Williams for Crawford. That being said, we will not get a star for Jamal either! So, we wait, unless a good trade comes along.

But this summer we cannot just match the offer and let him walk in 2005/06. We will need to get something for him!

The two towers? They stay past deadline and play out the season. We do not trade either one of them unless we draft the PF from uconn. Then one of them becomes expendable for a nice SF/draft pick in a trade. That is why the rest of the season is important. We need to see what Curry and Chandler both bring to the table; both seperately and together.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts