Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Enough of this McDyess talk! I think the Magic would be better off with the other PF on Devner, know who it is? Donnell Harvey, he is a very athletic PF that can guard bigger and smaller players, he has huge hands and is a great rebounder. I think Orlando really misses Outlaw so why not get Harvey through a trade or something. And if they get Harvey they would not have to switch much on defense, they could have what the Bulls had with Rodman/Harper/Pippen/Jordan, Orlando would have
Harvey/ Sasser/Hill/McGrady! Donnell is a up and coming star and Orlando should get him.

Who should stay and who can be moved?

10 Darrell Armstrong}-a must keep, but he will need more PG help
30 Jud Buechler}-Good shooter, champion experience, keep if he does cost much.
55 Andrew DeClercq}-can be moved, need to get Hunter some PT
6 Patrick Ewing}-I really hope he stays, great locker room guy
8 Pat Garrity}-must keep shooter for the doubles Hill and Tracy will get
54 Horace Grant}-must keep defensive force, but really needs a backup to give him a rest!
33 Grant Hill}-ummmmmm
11 Troy Hudson}can move or keep, he is a defensive problem but has shown clutch play, and if Orlando drafts Frank, where will he fit in because they are not getting ride or Darrell..
34 Steven Hunter}-wish he could play PF, but is a great defensive center
2 Jaren Jackson}-get rid of him if he can't make his shot
1 Tracy McGrady}once again ummmmmm, best player in the NBA!
50 Mike Miller}-keep him if you can't get anything for him, but his inconsistency and horrible play in the playoffs might make Orlando need to trade him. Got his chance with Hill out and did not really do anything with it.
52 Don Reid}-ok banger down low, can stay or go,
5 Jeryl Sasser}-very good upside and is a sup prospect to develop, and again, shades of the Bulls all 6-7 lineup at the 1,2,3,4????
3 Monty Williams}-keep, he played better than Miller did in the regular season and in the playoffs.

What I think Orlando needs is a guy that can knock down open jump shots every time. And they need another post presence, and hopefully the player is not 30-40, I saying young athletic post player. Would really be nice to have a vet guard that is clutch.

·
Registered
388 Posts
First of all we need to get rid of Troy Hudson, Patrick Ewing and Mike Miller and I'll list you the reasons.

1) Troy Hudson - He is a pain at PG and I would much rather have a defensive minded player like Jeryll Sasser. I don't like the role T-Hud plays over here and I'd much rather use him as a sign and trade bait for a big man.

2) Patrick Ewing - Oh come on, he's useless. Great locker room guy blah blah blah but the fact of the matter is we ain't winning with him so why give him the paycheck for. Can you say cap room space?

3) Mike Miller - He's got market value and that's what counts. T-Mac's best friend but I am sure he knows it's all bussines, Magic Mike needs to go if we want some quality big men like I've said before.

Donell Harvey? I was all up for that guy when he was coming to the NBA draft and after that I haven't heard much about him. I agree with you he has great athleticism and he is a scary looking big man which we need who can protect our boy T-Mac. I doubt we'll go out for him offcourse but he is projected to be a rebounding machine, he plays for the Dallas Mavericks not the Denver Nuggets though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If a good trade comes up, we must trade Darrell Armstrong and Mike Miller.

We should keep:

Tracy McGrady
Grant Hill
Troy Hudson(even though many think we shouldnt)
Jaren Jackson
Pat Garrity
Steven Hunter
Monty Williams(cheap, knows his role)

We should let go:

Don Reid
Jerryl Sasser
Jud Buelcher
Ho Grant
Patrick Ewing

·
Registered
388 Posts
Jaren Jackson? now please give me one reason why we should keep him.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To "T-Mac"

All you said is fine......

BUT HARVEY PLAYS FOR DENVER, I WILL BET $$$ ON IT, GO TO NBA.COM AND LOOK UP HIS BIO!!!!!

HE WAS IN THE TRADE WITH RAEF AND NICK!

·
Registered
388 Posts
I checked his profile and it says he went from Denver to Dallas.

·
Registered
6,756 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here

He is on Denver I promise! Tell me how in the hell did Dallas get Raef and Nick then, free?

Harvey was in the trade

1 - 8 of 8 Posts