Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
We Warriors
15,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mavs should take Marbury, they need a player to shut down Steve Nash.

Lakers should take Francis, then trade him for a big man later.

They both are role players with great trade value. What do you think?

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
Marbury shut down Steve Nash, defensively? LMAO

·
Registered
681 Posts
Nobody should take them. And I'm being serious. It's time to show the young b-ball players in middle school and high school that Marbury and Francis' style of play is just not acceptable in the NBA.

·
We Just Wanna Chill
12,088 Posts
i never knew marbury was a defensive force! lol. no team wants them, i doubt NY will be able to trade him. even worse, now that everyone knows what the knick`s intentions are, Marbury is going to be playing the rest of the season with a REAL BAD attitude towards his team. not good.
as for Francis, the dude is a good "scoring" PG, but i dont see him leaving orlando anytime soon..

·
Your Humble Homer
11,083 Posts
TonyMontana_83 said:
Nobody should take them. And I'm being serious. It's time to show the young b-ball players in middle school and high school that Marbury and Francis' style of play is just not acceptable in the NBA.
I agree.

Theres to much "I want fame, so I'm gonna see how much I can score" rather then "I want to do what it takes for my team to win"

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
SunsFan57 said:
I agree.

Theres to much "I want fame, so I'm gonna see how much I can score" rather then "I want to do what it takes for my team to win"
I really dont think Stephon minds passing at all and is a selfish player. He averaged about 9 assists last season although his offense isnt good enough to make up for his lack of defense.

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
the think with Steph is that he has to control the tempo and style so its impossible to have him be that #2 guy,and as the #1 guy hes not good enough to get you anyware

·
Welcome to the Grindhouse!
19,803 Posts
TonyMontana_83 said:
:stupid:

·
Registered
700 Posts
Francis is stupid, but he isn't as bad as some are making him out to be. On that note, there ain't a single person on the Lakers we'd want for Francis. We aren't going to just give him away.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Marbury because if you give him people to work with he will get them involved.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I rather take Francis, Even though I am a Magic fan. Mabuary has more weapons then Francis right now, They are still 0-5. On the Other hand magic are atleast 2-3. Mabuary hasnt done anything his whole career, only making it to the playoffs one time his whole career. And Francis making it only once too. But come on, Mabuary has been on 4 teams already. That shows you alot

·
NY NY big city of dreams
2,493 Posts
TonyMontana_83 said:

marburys style not acceptable????..........

since when is 20 and 8 not acceptable in the NBA............

its not that marbury isnt a good player its just that he isnt a good leader in my opinion.....put marbury with a dominant big man and he would flourish

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
ChosenFEW said:
marburys style not acceptable????..........

since when is 20 and 8 not acceptable in the NBA............
when you shoot a poor percentage for the night, or your team gets blown out? thats right crawford, im talking about you too

1 - 16 of 16 Posts