Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
What Do You Know??? Shaqtus
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It sucks, but some players i like are going to have to be unprotected, but i dont think they will be picked up... hopefully...

The Kings can protect 8 players, these are the players i assume they will protect:

1.Peja
2.Webber
3.Jackson
4.Christie
5.Miller
6.Bibby
7.Vlade (assuming he comes back)
8.One open spot...

That means, Jabari, Wallace, Songaila are going to have to compete for the 8th spot... assuming that Sacramento doesnt re-sign Peeler and Tony Mass, and Funderberk i think will go in the draft... I like Jabari Wallace and Songaila, i think Songaila will take the 8th protected spot... But it sucks :no:

·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If they re-sign him before the draft, i think they do... but Vlade is going to retire if the Kings win a championship, so we wont have to worry about protecting him :cool:

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
The Kings basically shouldn't protect the Vet role players like Peeler and the Mass-Attack. The eighth spot will probably be between Songalia and Wallace, if the kings were smart they would protect Darius:yes:

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacTown16</b>!
The eighth spot will probably be between Songalia and Wallace, if the kings were smart they would protect Darius:yes:
I agree. :yes:

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Originally posted by <b>SacKings384</b>!
If they re-sign him before the draft, i think they do... but Vlade is going to retire if the Kings win a championship, so we wont have to worry about protecting him :cool:
....... too easy, I won't even say it.:)

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Vlade Divac, Lawrence Funderburke, Tony Massenburg, and Jabari Smith are all free agents so they do not need to be protected.

So the remaining players are:

Mike Bibby
Doug Christie
Bobby Jackson
Brad Miller
Anthony Peeler
Darius Songaila
Predrag Stojakovic
Gerald Wallace
Chris Webber

That is 9 so I guess Anthony Peeler will be the unprotected one.

·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Peeler is signed to a two year deal... i didnt know that, i wonder why :confused:

·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No way in hell are they not protecting DC

·
Registered
4,759 Posts
protect darius over gerald any day

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
A lot of the other boards are discussing who their team will protect so I figured this should get a bump to the top.

The Kings will have to leave one of these players unprotected:

Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, Doug Christie, Predrag Stojakovic, Bobby Jackson, Gerald Wallace, Darius Songalia, Anthony Peeler, Chris Webber.

·
20,601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by <b>Peja Vu</b>!
A lot of the other boards are discussing who their team will protect so I figured this should get a bump to the top.

The Kings will have to leave one of these players unprotected:

Mike Bibby, Brad Miller, Doug Christie, Predrag Stojakovic, Bobby Jackson, Gerald Wallace, Darius Songalia, Anthony Peeler, Chris Webber.
I like Wallace and all, but... Gerald will DEFINITELY be the one unprotected...

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nothing against Wallace, but Songaila definetely needs to be protected. We need a solid big guy and he does his job.

·
MANRAM!
18,056 Posts
Deciding which player or players to make available to Charlotte in the expansion draft is the most immediate order of business.

The Kings can protect eight players but must make at least one available. Because backup guard Anthony Peeler has an option for next season, if the Kings leave him unprotected, they also must make another player available, Petrie said.

Petrie said expansion-draft rules prevent him from discussing players involved. He did say that forward Darius Songaila, as a restricted free agent, would become an unrestricted free agent if he were left unprotected and then chosen by the Bobcats.

Upon perusal of the roster, an educated guess suggests the Kings will protect forwards Peja Stojakovic, Brad Miller, Webber and Songaila and guards Mike Bibby, Doug Christie and Bobby Jackson. Peeler and/or guard-forward Gerald Wallace could be left unprotected.

Wallace, a young, exciting, multipositional yet unpolished player entering the final year of his contract, has expansion selection written all over him.
http://www.sacbee.com/content/sports/basketball/kings/story/9543823p-10467530c.html

1 - 20 of 21 Posts