Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Nash. THey are both good passers who make their teammates better in that regard. I would argue though that at this point Nash gets the edge in passing (as you can see with his better assist numbers). However Kidd sucks at shooting while Nash has over 50% FG%, over 40% 3pt%, and over 90% FT%. If he keeps that up for the rest of the season it will be only the second time thats ever been done.

With that said, Kidd is a better rebounder, defender and turns the ball over less. But its not enough to overcome those other things.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Jethro said:
If you're saying 06' Kidd vs. '06 Nash, Nash wins hands down.

02' Kidd vs. '06 Nash, Kidd wins.

Back in 2002 and 2003, Kidd was way better. Now, it's the other way around. Today, I'd take Nash over Kidd in a second.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Even for today, I dont see big difference between them. I mean Nash's number are slightly better , who do you think that Nets ever to reach Nba finals before Kidd, and playing for Play offs since then. Nash is playing better player for this year than Kidd, at least Raja Bell , Marion , Amare ( it is available now ) he has those two big man on the other hand Kidd is playing with two sf . If one of those were to a big man , they would surely play for the finals as they did in 2000 with K-mart. Phoenix just have 6 more wins than Nets at the moment. What makes NASH better player to play with those Handful guys like Amare and Marion and vice versa.

·
Registered
8,634 Posts
I'll take Kidd over Nash any year.

Nash doesn't play defense as well as Kidd can, and still plays defense. And he does everything else better than Nash, except shoot, as good or better than Nash.

Nash has better assist numbers, so I'm sure alot of people would be inclined to say that Nash is a better playmaker and passer. But I've seen Jason Kidd take a 26 win team to the NBA Finals, and the Nets are running away with the Atlantic right now and on a seven game winning streak. Vince Carter and RJ are playing great, and Nenad Krstic is on the uprise, in a large part because of Kidd. Everyone on the team benefits from playing with Jason Kidd. Of course, Nash is a great playmaker and passer as well.

I also don't understand the argument that Jason Kidd has "lost a step" or is "on the decline." Obviously you haven't been watching Net games this year. He's still putting up great numbers, and still can shut the best down. He held Kobe Bryant to 11 points below his season average last week, 9-24 shooting, and pressuring Kobe to seven turnovers on the game.

Oh and if Kidd's on the decline, then when is Nash going to hit that decline? He's less than a year younger than Kidd is.

Reactions: notting_hill

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,851 Posts
D.J. said:
Back in 2002 and 2003, Kidd was way better. Now, it's the other way around. Today, I'd take Nash over Kidd in a second.
I don't know if I'd say way better. Kidd was better in his prime but I think that Nash is the better and more dangerous offensive player. Along with his great passing skills, he can shoot the ball efficiently with range. Kidd was slightly better in the open court but I think Nash is superior in the halfcourt. Kidd's defense and rebounding prowess makes him a better player, though.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,460 Posts
Why is this in NBA History, if it's a comparison of two current players at their current levels?

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Nash is definitely the better offensive player, but when you add in that Kidd is a better defender and rebounder I think that Kidd is still the better overall player.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.