Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Who thinks kobe will leave LA when his contract is up?

80 percent I think he is gonna leave LA.Hes given lost of hints already.One being not signing the extension,it not only about the money.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
11,876 Posts
i think that kobe will stay. i think that he loves his image as a laker, going for laker records, winning, his fans, and the city of LA. he loves the limelight and i don't know where he could shine like he does in LA. shaq's departure might be a welcome challenge as kobe will be interested in elevating a team on his own. don't see why LA wouldn't put up the money- it's kobe. don't know why he would leave, or where he would go. new york? seems silly as i don't see them being terribly good in the near future.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I don't see Bryant leaving. His basketball home and his legacy began in Los Angeles and will end there. He's loyal, and will take over when Shaquille retires.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Hmm, going to be a while before Shaq retires, don't you think?

I think he might leave for 2 years or so, and then he'll come right back. He'll realise just how much he needs Shaq. Lakers won't be as good without either one of them.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Re: Who thinks kobe will leave LA when his contract is up?

Originally posted by <b>beautifulkobe</b>!
80 percent I think he is gonna leave LA.Hes given lost of hints already.One being not signing the extension,it not only about the money.

What do you guys think?
I believe that he hasn't signed a extension is because he is waiting for the new CBA. Wouldn't you want to get the most money that you could?

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Re: Re: Who thinks kobe will leave LA when his contract is up?

Originally posted by <b>buduan</b>!
I believe that he hasn't signed a extension is because he is waiting for the new CBA. Wouldn't you want to get the most money that you could?
He also could guess wrong and lose money, the new cba might not be in players benefits.

-Petey

·
Registered
200 Posts
Maybe he's thinking about signing with the Grizzlies and reconnecting with West. I know its impossible for alot of y'all to think that he'll play in a small market, but the same was said about West before he left Lakerland for smallmarket America. And coming over to the Grizzlies after his contract ends would be his best chance of continuing to be a champion in the league because by that time the Grizzlies will have all their pieces to the puzzle.

·
Registered
9,447 Posts
Ignore what Mike said, Kobe I think is gone after his contract is up. Look Shaq isn't going to play but a couple more years maybe long enough to win about 5 Rings and then he shuts it down, it's getting harder and harder for Shaq to keep his weight down, and the health problems aren't going to get better as he ages just worse. So Shaq rolls out and Phil and Kobe join him, Kupchak not being the GM West was will make Kobe's faith in the organization ability to reload questionable, so Kobe will leave I think heading in only 3 possible destinations, The Grizzlies,West has his trust he'll believe Jerry can get the team together, the Wizards Kobe called MJ when the Shaq/Kobe feud was going on and asked him to trade for him Kobe likes Mike, trusts Mike's will to being part of a winning team. And the last team is the Sixers somewhere he grew up and would probably love to patch up the relationship he has with the city and play in front of his friends, he'd be in familiar surroundings.

Phil wants Shaq to play 5 more years and ride this title run all the way out and not retire, Phil doesn't want to go that long but will to keep Shaq in the game, he says it would be a shame to end such a great run prematurely,I think Phil still regrets not defending that Bulls title until they were beaten, This run could go very long because as shaq's skills wain ,Kobe's is increasing and he could do more of the dirty work while Kobe becomes the primary scorer, worked when Magic took over the team and Jabbar played a lesser but still vital role, Shaq I just don't believe will stick it out much longer.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by mike!
Who knows the little baby wouldn't play in Charlotte

Originally posted by <b>buduan</b>!
That's a flat out lie.
Trust me.....just ignore that Buduan :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I can only hope he leaves.... :D

Or maybe i would rather him stay so when shaq leaves everyone realizes he isn't that great. :D

Either way, I can't wait until Shaq retires:yes:

:banana: :wbanana: :gbanana: :rbanana:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>STING</b>!
I can only hope he leaves.... :D

Or maybe i would rather him stay so when shaq leaves everyone realizes he isn't that great. :D

Either way, I can't wait until Shaq retires

Or maybe Kobe can show just how great he is when Shaq retires :yes:

Depending on how Shaq's Big Bunyans recover...
As they say soo far, he's expected to a have a full and healthy recovery,
Their will be No such thing as retirement just yet :D
Let the Dominant one do his thing for some time to come :yes:

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mike</b>!
Ignore me why? Bryant will admit he wouldn't play in Charlotte and it messed the franchise over.
HUH??? :confused:
Can you explain yourself clearly....

You said - Bryant wouldn't play in Charlotte and it messed the franchise over.

Well let me refresh your memory or give you some information you never knew about....

Kobe was traded for Vlade (A masterful job by Mr. West)
A player doesn't have a choice when they get traded.

Are you saying that the trade messed up the Charlotte's franchise???.....................It sure did!!!
It's not Kobe's fault that the Hornets were suckered into that deal at the time. You might want to ask the Hornets why they messed up their franchise :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bdachakeya</b>!
Maybe he's thinking about signing with the Grizzlies and reconnecting with West. I know its impossible for alot of y'all to think that he'll play in a small market, but the same was said about West before he left Lakerland for smallmarket America. And coming over to the Grizzlies after his contract ends would be his best chance of continuing to be a champion in the league because by that time the Grizzlies will have all their pieces to the puzzle.
Yeah right...the Grizzlies will win a champioship in 2 years.

I have no clue what Bryant will do...but I guarantee he won't go to Memphis.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
He said he will be a Laker for life..he won't leave

1 - 20 of 49 Posts