Votes: 0 0.0%
  • We are doing fine

Votes: 2 18.2%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know 76ers are having a poor season. On paper, we should be doing better than our current position. So now its time to lay the fingers on our poor season.

As a fan's point of view, who do you guys think the blame goes to ?

- As for me, I think is the way O'Brien coaches. His style just dosent work with the team that we have. His style is run and gun, and with all due respects, he does not adjust his coaching style to the team that we have on the floor. His defense rotation is also horrible as clearly shown by our team stats. We are one of the worst defensive teams in the league and yet O'Brien does nothing to justify that.

I hate the way O'Brien rotates our lineup. He rarely uses Willie Green. In one game Willie Green plays a fantastic game, next game, no playing time at all. For no reason whatsoever! He seems to have favourite players on the court, and at times they are not the most suitable players to be on the court.
O'Brien definietly has his favourites. Iggy, AI, Korver to me are three of his favourites.

I really have lost respect for this guy. At the start of the season, I didnt know much about this man. But from this forum, I read that he was our new savior, his going to bring Philly to the top of the division. But with only few games left in the season. Iam holding a deep grudge against him.

I know that we cannot blame all of our problems on the coach, but to me, he is the main reason that we are struggling as badly as we are this season.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
I chose Coach O'Brien as well. He really doesn't know how to run this team. I thought he would be good for our team at first after seeing his success with the Celtics a few years ago, but now I really don't respect the man at all. We need to find a real coach, how the hell did we get Larry Brown?

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Blame goes to the Coach and the PG. They'd get all the credit with wins, so they get the blame when things don't run as planned. We've had a ton of leads after three, and yet turnaround and lose so many of those games, a lot of them because of turnovers late in the game, and not just one. If the Sixers turn the ball over once in the final four minutes, they have to do it at least one more time.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Fire Jim O'Brien :biggrin:

·
Banned
662 Posts
I have Faith in the Lakers of the East, aka the 76ers. I think this team will be fine, just give them time to mesh. Webber is a serious serious issue with this team, although he plays very well sometimes, the injuries are not good at all. If he can stay healthy into next season, look for the 76ers to make a huge run. Korver and Iguodola have been huge plus sides for the 76ers. This team is ok, just give them time.

p.s honestly, why does everyone hate on Coach Obrien, i havent heard any arugments about it?

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
p.s honestly, why does everyone hate on Coach Obrien, i havent heard any arugments about it?
If you visited our board more you would be able to see a lot of complaints about him.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kunlun said:
If you visited our board more you would be able to see a lot of complaints about him.
His the flavour of the season !

What win loss record would u consider us to be on par with the team we have then ?

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
Rayza said:
His the flavour of the season !

What win loss record would u consider us to be on par with the team we have then ?
I would expect a team with our players to get about 45 wins at season's end. But I don't think that's possible anymore so maybe 40 or 42 wins now with my lowered expectations.

·
Banned
662 Posts
K sweet get mad at me because i dont spend more time on the board... very good impression of a so called "76er" fan.

EDITED - No need to call names.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I didn't see anything offensive by it. I am not a 76er fan but when I browse I do see a lot of hate for the Coach. I can't say as if I blame the fans either. I never did like his style of play in Boston.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
K sweet get mad at me because i dont spend more time on the board... very good impression of a so called "76er" fan. Way to do your team proud by being .
I was just saying that we do complain about O'Brien a lot and that if you come here more often then you would be able to see it more.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
LakerLunatic said:
K sweet get mad at me because i dont spend more time on the board... very good impression of a so called "76er" fan. Way to do your team proud by being
I don't think he meant to be a (edited) at all, I think you just took it the wrong way

·
Wrong About Everything
13,525 Posts
Blame goes to the Coach and the PG. They'd get all the credit with wins, so they get the blame when things don't run as planned. We've had a ton of leads after three, and yet turnaround and lose so many of those games, a lot of them because of turnovers late in the game, and not just one. If the Sixers turn the ball over once in the final four minutes, they have to do it at least one more time.
Like Chucky Atkings is blamed for the lakers, right?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts