Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who else wants to keep Swift and Battier??

• I do I do!!!

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • It will help the team if they are traded

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • There better off working in a grocery store

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Battier........Swift who?? Who are these people your talking about??

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sure as hell do. Who else agrees with me??

Battier is a natural born leader, and has a very good work ethic. He is everything younger players should look up to. He is very caring, knowledgable, and most importantly, is modest in everything he does. He doesn't feel the need to take 20 shots a game. He does what is best for the team.

I would like to keep Swift as well, because frankly, he is a great spark off the bench. I wouldn't want to give him up unless we got someone very good in return. Not Eddy Curry. Maybe Shaq, or Tim Duncan. Not Curry though.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
I voted maybe.

Swift and Battier are 2 of my favorite grizzlies. Both of them are capable of starting on most teams in the league. Both these players will do anything to help their team win, and anything their coach asks them to do. Both are willing to play out of position, and play off the bench to help this team. They're 2 of this teams greatest assets.

Battier is solid. He's also got a lot of heart, and he's not afraid to get down and dirty. He is an ideal sixth man.

Swift is explosive, and a 20/10 threat on any given night. You never know when he's going to explode on you. He's one of the most exciting players in the league, so fun to watch.

Of course, if a good trade comes up, i say why not? the thing is, with E Curry, it's not much of an upgrade, which is why there's no way we give up both of them. i'd trade swift for curry simply because curry is a true center, but i would be sad to see swift go. he's really come a long way. remember how lost he used to look out there, and how he was always the last player off the bench? now he's a constant threat out there, and brings in so much energy. it would definitely be sad to see him go. maybe hubie will turn curry around like he did jwill and swift...

·
Registered
488 Posts
I vote maybe

Perhaps we can get a good C if we use both of them in the same trade...

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
MAYBE....

If we could get a GOOD C then I would do it. Like maybe Dampier or someone like that. But no way I just give them both away. I think Swift would be dealt prior to Battier due to Shanes D and his intangeables. I kinda hope we keep them both though b/c we have our best record in club history right now and done want that to fall apart.

·
Premium Member
3,533 Posts
Battier should under no circumstances be traded, it´s impossible to find such a dedicated player these days!

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
Originally posted by <b>KennethTo</b>!
Battier is a player they need if they want to be a true contender.

Swift is nice, but not neccessary. If they can get something good, maybe...
I agree with this completely. Battier is key to their success, the guys attitude play style versatility work ethic, he has winner written all over him.

I noticed Posey starting to emerge. So maybe trade the stro show and bonzi for.... ratliff and SAR?

The thing is with moving those guys is that I have no idea who would bring equal value, nor who would make the team that much better. You need a center but so does everyone else in the league, given that....I have no clue, especially given Pau's reluctance to play center.

I was thinking Kirilenko and Ostertag, but the thing this team needs is chemistry and a consistent rotation, or at least a familiarity with the system. I think they have the right pieces to actually go to the playoffs.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dampier is the only trade that makes sense to me before the season is over. The Grizzlies need to add a center. Ostertag and Divac will be a free agents this summer.

Messing with the team's chemistry not that they seem to have some is risky. I'm sure Jerry West will make the best decision.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I would think that Battier is among one of the "untouchable" players on the team.
I think we will end up losing Swift because he will be a RFA who will get big money from bad teams and we just wont be able to match. So we might be better of gettig something in return for him.

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Originally posted by <b>NYKBaller</b>!
Send Battier and Swift to NY for Kurt Thomas and Mutombo.
Lol, read the comments above. No way the 2 gets traded unless it's for an all-star type player. Is Thomas an all-star? Nope. Is Mutumbo an all-star? not anymore. Why trade Swift(equally as good as Thomas) and Battier for Thomas and the aging Mutumbo?

That would be a SWEEET trade for the Knicks though. They get younger, obtain a great sixth man, and a young stud who's willing to play center or power forward as long as he gets to play.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i voted i do i do

you cant let battier go b/c hes unreplaceable and you need to keep stro cause this season hes played as good as anybody else on the team. plus the excitement he brings. i dont know how many of yall have been in the pyramid when a team is making a run on us then all the sudden jwill finds stro for one his famous tomahawk dunks and we go on a run you need to be in that building and see one of stro dunks and listen to crowd before you say get rid of stro

·
Registered
6,580 Posts
Originally posted by <b>truth</b>!
you guys think Swift is worthy of an All Star???thats really pushing it
Swift and Battier combined is certainly worthy of an all-star(anything less we say no way). Swift himself may not be worth an all-star, but he's worth a lot more than the average player. The chemistry is great right now, and Stro is just as good as most none all-stars in the league. That's why chances are he's not gonna get traded. And if he does get traded, you can bet it's for an all-star type player.

If West can get Bonzi for Person, then he can get us an all-star for Swift and Battier.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.