• Rick Barry

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Other (specify)

Votes: 8 14.8%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
non of the people you listed. As a knicks fan I would have to say Charles Smith, the biggest losser ever to loss at anything. Death to Smith, just kidding but I hated him more than any other player.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Gotta go with Laimbeer, I think. He was roundly booed in many, many arenas. None of the other guys listed even come close.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Other- Kobe Bryant. I've heard more people saying that they dislike/hate Kobe than of any other player. :sigh:

·
Jesus Shuttlesworth
17,071 Posts
I was thinking Charles Barkley or Reggie Miller when I read the title of this thread

·
Registered
7,213 Posts
reggie miller and madison square garden were the first things to click in my head, he certainly did his part to make that entire arena full of fans hate him with a passion in the early-mid 90's.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by <b>RoyWilliams</b>!
Kobe Bryant
I cant never remeber a time when Kobe was hated...or is that just to Kings fans...I dunno but for some reason im gonna go with Shaq on this specific topic

·
Premium Member
6,143 Posts
I have to go with an organization instead of just a person.

Teams with rings but with cockyness.

Lakers, Bull's SCRUBS, Houston's second tier players, yes Drexler, Sam Cassell, Horry.

btw, Horry got my double hated!

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
First person I thought of was Reggie Miller too. I voted for Laimbeer tho, since Reggie is SO hated, he isn't even on the list.

·
_(&#12484;)_&#3626;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3657;&#3
28,008 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
hate is what is keeping Rick Barry out of the NBA after his playing days.
Why exactly was Rick Barry so disliked?

·
Premium Member
6,992 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rawse</b>!

Why exactly was Rick Barry so disliked?
It is not just was it is still going on. All of the current players that he played with are the most of the head guys for other franchises now. None of those former teammates or other players will even give him an interview because of his cockiness as a player and his attitude he had. There was a great segment on why he is not in the NBA today on Real Sports on HBO a bunch of weeks ago. I do not remember why exactly he is not in the NBA but part of it was because of his attitude as a player. I think he forced to coach Highschool basketball because no one else will even give him a position with an NBA team not even as an assistant coach.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
You forgot to list one of the more obvious guys in the NBA... Shawn Bradley. At his height, his elbows have found the faces of many post guys trying to guard him.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rynobot</b>!
hate is what is keeping Rick Barry out of the NBA after his playing days.
This is what I was going to say. While Maurice Lucas was hated by opponents. Rick Barry is basically hated by every player he ever played with and the guys he even worked with while announcing. He may never work in the NBA and it is purely because they don't like him personally. Heck I don't even think his sons like him.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts