Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Come one! Come all! All opinions welcome! Give us the the one you think was 'best,' but also your 'favorite!' :rings: :twave:

I'm gonna say J-Kidd, though I really loved Buck Williams.

Yes, I like VC and RJ, but they're still makin' their mark.

In his prime before trouble beset him, Derrick Coleman played some outstanding ball for the NETS.

I thought Albert King was gonna be da bomb, but for some reason, he never approached his brother's greatness. He started off great. I forgot what became of him? I think he just fizzled out. Ever since, I've been leery of UMD players. That includes Wilcox, though he's worth takin' a chance on.

I have to confess to liking KVH, mostly for his outside clutch shooting in big games, versatility and his rebounding.

Mookie Blaylock was always better than people gave him credit for. He was a favorite, too.

I couldn't understand the NETS losing PJ Brown to Detroit. Do you remember that? I think it was over money and they underestimated him. He was playing behind DC at the time, wasn't he? We could sure use him today!

Chime in ...

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Here. And here. And here.

This is what we did all offseason, when there was no game against the Lakers to discuss instead.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
It's hard to pick a best and favorite but here's mine:

Best Net of all time...Dr.J

Runners up: JKidd, and Buck Williams

My favorite...Armon "THA HAMMA!" Gilliam. And yes I know it's "The Hammer" but that's how I say it.

Runners up: Kevin Edwards, Kenyon, RJ, and PJ Brown.

·
VAUDEVILLE VILLAIN
8,828 Posts
ghoti said:
Here. And here. And here.

This is what we did all offseason, when there was no game against the Lakers to discuss instead.
well there is a difference between best and favorite. someones favorite net could be travis best. was he the best net? no

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
Best has to be Dr. J. He was a champion for the Nets, after all.

Favorite is pretty clear from my sn.

Past players that I liked were Petrovic, Jamie Feick, Aaron Williams, Buck, and Todd McCullogh

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
ChemicalCutthroat said:
well there is a difference between best and favorite. someones favorite net could be travis best. was he the best net? no
Best - Dr. J, Kidd, VC, Rick Barry

Favorite - Buck Williams

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Best - Kidd (done more for this franchise then any other player that wore a Nets uniform).

Favorite - Drazen (R.I.P.)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts