Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19,468 Posts
Definitely not Arroyo, that guy is NOT good. Ridnour would be your classic pure PG, a playmaker. His defense is questionable though. Barbosa is a defensive minded player, but I don't see him being a playmaker. Better scorer, and much more gifted physically. Barbosa is a better player, but Ridnour is a better PG.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
ridnour is best of the 3 now but I think Arroyo could be the best in the future if he ever got his head into every game. If Arroyo plays like he did at the Olympics he could be a stud in the NBA but ridnour has the heads up right now.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
arroyo is going nowhere behind billups. he is a starter in my opinion that needs to play starter minutes to be effective. his minutes are not nearly enough to be effective.

if he goes somewhere else and becomes the starting pg. i think he could be very good.

ridnour however has the better future. his handles, shooting and vision are in the makings of something very promising.

barbosa is more of a shoot first then pass pg. he is more of a sg rather than a pg in my eyes.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Ridnour. Barbosa is kind of a Ben Gordon type off the bench. You bring him on for instant offense. He's a point guard in size only. Diaw is a better point guard really.

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Arroyo, gross.

For a guy who is supposed to be a good passer and pure point guard he sure knows how to run an offense into the ground.

I would take Barbosa. Best scorer, best athlete, best size, best name.

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
On terms of potential, Arroyo deserves to make the list of the 3. In terms of how they are playing right now, no he doesn't.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Barbosa is the best now and I think he has more upside than Ridnour. Ridnour has limited athleticism. I could see Arroyo being the #2 of this list, but I doubt he ever puts it together.

1. Barbosa
2. Ridnour
3. Arroyo

and staying that way.

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
I'm not impressed by Arroyo at all, I don't think there's any way he beats out the other two.
I'd rank it
1) Ridnour
2) Barbosa
3) Arroyo

Ridnour has started to show flashes, if the Sonics can pull out of this godawful rut they're in to start the season, he should continue his development.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Well, when you say better "PG", you mean in terms of leadership/passing or scoring?

I can tell you Barbosa will NEVER be a good PG. He still looks at the floor when he dribbles. His basketball IQ is questionable. Since Nash is on the team, his job is to score with his speed.

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
WTChan said:
Definitely not Arroyo, that guy is NOT good. Ridnour would be your classic pure PG, a playmaker. His defense is questionable though. Barbosa is a defensive minded player, but I don't see him being a playmaker. Better scorer, and much more gifted physically. Barbosa is a better player, but Ridnour is a better PG.
Not good? lol yea that is an informed statement

·
Registered
8,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
jibikao said:
Well, when you say better "PG", you mean in terms of leadership/passing or scoring?

I can tell you Barbosa will NEVER be a good PG. He still looks at the floor when he dribbles. His basketball IQ is questionable. Since Nash is on the team, his job is to score with his speed.
leader/passing/playmaking/scoring, basically all the things a pg is asked to do.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts