Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6,509 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Assuming that Miles' performance is for real and that Zach is back to his old form...who will step up to be our #3 scoring option on this team? It seems like there are a few options:

Sebastian Telfair: certainly CAN score by taking it to the rack, but he's not a great shooter and I don't like the PG to have to be a scorer.

Juan Dixon: can be that #3 option (or even #1 on some nights) but he's too inconsistant and he's not much of a shooter either.

Ruben Patterson: can score, but he only has one play: bull his way to the hoop for a layup. That can be effective sometimes, but not consistantly in my opinion.

Ratliff or Przybilla: neither are much of a scorer.

Jarrett Jack: maybe. He is well rounded. Can shoot the ball well. Can penetrate enough to get himself open.

Charles Smith: It looks to me like he's already fallen out of favor and I don't really get why. He can shoot a little bit. He can defend.

Webster: Isn't ready to play, let alone be our #3 option.

Outlaw: He'd be my pick if he could play the SG position and knew the plays. He can hit jump shots. he can run the break. He can do a lot of good things.

Monia and Khryapa: not really scorers.

Blake: not likely.

·
Registered
825 Posts
He most likely is not even a Blazer right now. Sure, by default any of our players beyond Zach and Darius can put up 15 in a game, but not consistently. At this point in the season, a trade will most likely bring us that third consistent scorer, but I doubt management goes that route as they want our current players to step up and take the reigns.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts