Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who's your choice of the best up and coming "Future" NBA Tandem or Trio??
Add your own as well...

Just To name a few in no order....

1) Walker & Pierce?
2) Nash, Nowitski & Finley?
3) Jwill, Chandler & Curry?
4) Dre Miller, Brand & Odom?

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Dre Miller, Brand & Odom does sound awfully good doesn't it? I think the Clippers are going to be even more fun to watch this year, although it will be sad for Clipper fans, the cavs will be a whole LOT more exciting to watch, as well.

My tandem/trio to add to your list?
Bibby to a healthy Peja & a more aggressive Webber.

·
Registered
150 Posts
What about Shaq/Kobe/George or Shaq/Kobe/Rush
How about Jason Kidd/Kenyon Martin or maybe
T-mac/Mike Miller/Grant Hill(If healthy)

·
Registered
920 Posts
Originally posted by Ice
What about Shaq/Kobe/George
He said future so I think he is talking post-Shaq years. Kobe is okay but if George is your second best option you are sad. If I were the Lakers and I knew Shaq would retire in one year, I would trade him because if he retires and they get nothing for him they are shot to hell.

·
Registered
920 Posts
He will keep degrading each year. With all the problems he had this year I don't see him going on for 5 more years. I say he retires as soon as they don't win a championship. He'll call it quits because he ill know he is no longer the best.

·
Registered
150 Posts
he'll still be a top player in this league and he can accept not being the best he has already said he's not the best that Kobe's the best and he is fine with being the most dominant. He wants to stay around and leave a legacy as the best big man ever and rack up a couple more champioships.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Him saying Kobe is the best is tongue in cheek.

those injuries have to be getting to him. sure he will puit up with it now because he is sure it will all pay off with a championship. But, say if they don't win a championship this year after a rough year of his toe getting stepped on getting hacked, missing twenty games, he might feel it is not worth it anymore.

·
Registered
162 Posts
its gotta be the clipps if we are talkin future, miller feeding brand(and kandi) in the post sounds awesome but throw in the perimiter scoring of odom(and Q) and it sounds even better.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Originally posted by Ice
he'll still be a top player in this league and he can accept not being the best he has already said he's not the best that Kobe's the best and he is fine with being the most dominant. He wants to stay around and leave a legacy as the best big man ever and rack up a couple more champioships.
Shaquille O'Neal not only thinks he is the best, I don't think he could accept not thinking he is the best. Remember the whole "real MVP" garbage? If he's going for best big man ever...he's up against some pretty tough competition...

Wilt Chamberlain's career:
30.1 ppg (2nd all-time)
31,419 points (3rd all-time)
22.9 rpg (1st all-time)
23,924 rebounds (1st all-time)
4 time MVP

Shaquille O'Neal's career (considering his prime has passed):
27.6 ppg
18,634 points
12.3 rpg
8,270 rebounds
1 time MVP

I know that Shaquille O'Neal's career isn't done yet, but come on...his PPG and RPG aren't going to go UP...and I doubt he will win 3 more MVP awards.

·
A!
9,434 Posts
Anyways, to answer the topic at hand, J-Will, Chandler, and Curry will be the best trio in a few years. Add to that, a great bench and the Bulls will probably be back on top fairly soon.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Miles,Wagner,Davis

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Marbury, Marion and Stoudemire sounds really good to me if Stoudemire can pan out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts