Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

We all know now we are looking at top 3 or 4 pick in the draft but where will it be and who of boobcats, portland, and NY will have the worst record.

Porland is at 20 wins just one ahead of the knicks and are really playing as bad as anyone. I think they have lost ten stright and clearly dont care. This team has already tanked it in. My guess is they have the worst record this year by losing 18 stright games. they have nine games left and only four against playoff teams but seriously the could zero and nine.

The knicks are at 19 wins and have ten games left. six on the road and four at home. eight of their games are against playoff teams with one against BOS on the road and at home against the bobcats. In addition, they play five games in seven nights, get two nights off and then play five more games in seven nights. This is likely the toughest schedule of these three teams. The knicks could easily go one and nine with only one win the rest of the season. 10 wins should put them at either the worst or tried for the worst record.

The bobcats are at 20 wins and i think playing pretty good ball and have a five home games and five road games with only five against playoff teams. I dont consider phl a playoff team yet. They play NY at NY the second to the last game of the season. The loser could easily have the worst record but i think the bobcats will win two or three of the last ten games and that should put the at -2 ahead of portland and NY. I think Portland, NY and the bobcats in that order.

what say you?

david

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
sounds probable.... Knicks have incentive not to tank... just because they don't have the pick. There's no point for them really to tanck.

If Portland gets the #1 pick... who do you think they'll go for? They love flashy, unproven, athletic specimens so Tyrus Thomas or Rudy Gay? Hopefully not Aldridge

Bobcats are gonna go for a scorer so probably Morrison.

so that leaves us with NY's pick. Any big man Pax wants hopefully.

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
There are reports that Portland are really high on Morrison aswell anddepending on who gets them and where the Knicks pick lies, I wouldn't be suprised if Aldridge and or Thomas are gone by the time we're up.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
nanokooshball said:
sounds probable.... Knicks have incentive not to tank... just because they don't have the pick. There's no point for them really to tanck.

If Portland gets the #1 pick... who do you think they'll go for? They love flashy, unproven, athletic specimens so Tyrus Thomas or Rudy Gay? Hopefully not Aldridge

Bobcats are gonna go for a scorer so probably Morrison.

so that leaves us with NY's pick. Any big man Pax wants hopefully.
I don't think its a matter of tanking with the Knicks. IF they could win games, they surely would. But that's a huge IF right now. Which is nice for us. I can't see it getting any better next year for them neither. Mike James? Speedy Claxton? Ouch.

·
Registered
5,808 Posts
the only team we have to worry about losing thomas or aldridge to is ATLANTA

portland wants Morrison & the Bobcats do too....

portland maxed out randolph, no way they're gonna draft a pf

bobcats got brezec, okafor, ely and may...they need outside shooting and a scorer...

now if noah entered, portland possibly WOULD take him cuz he can play center

like i said before, as long as we draft before atlanta, we should be able to get whichever big is best

·
Registered
3,383 Posts
bobcats got brezec, okafor, ely and may...they need outside shooting and a scorer...
The same Ely they were trying to ship last offseason? Eventhough he's improved, he's not really that noteworthy. May isn't either and many are starting to doubt if Wallace can actually play a full season or thereabouts. They might seem set, but talented big men are always valuable to any team.

like i said before, as long as we draft before atlanta, we should be able to get whichever big is best
I wouldn't be so sure, teams will be doing alot of thinking before then, Morrison might fill the position of need, but are they ready to repeat the Sam Bowie mistake?

As for who has the worst record, I view it as a 2 team race with New York and Portland.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
lougehrig said:
I don't think its a matter of tanking with the Knicks. IF they could win games, they surely would. But that's a huge IF right now. Which is nice for us. I can't see it getting any better next year for them neither. Mike James? Speedy Claxton? Ouch.
I think if the Knicks just dumped Starbury and Francis ANYWHERE, and just signed speedy claxton to a 3 mil per year contract the team would improve so much... just because of that

·
Banned
675 Posts
step said:
The same Ely they were trying to ship last offseason? Eventhough he's improved, he's not really that noteworthy. May isn't either and many are starting to doubt if Wallace can actually play a full season or thereabouts. They might seem set, but talented big men are always valuable to any team.
Charlotte won't draft a PF/C

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
The ROY said:
exactly

charlotte press has made it perfectly clear they want MORRISON, they'd prolly trade a player with their pick JUST to land him if someone else drafted him.
I don't see why Charlotte wouldn't draft a C. That said, Morrison or Gay seem to be a much better fit, especially since they figure to be in the Oden sweepstakes next year as well.

Brezec is nice and all, but at this stage in his development I think his role ideally would be an offensive punch off the bench. Too bad it sounds like a great fit for us... perhaps we could dangle the Bulls pick for him (if the Bulls don't have their eye on someone obviously).

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
You can bet your bottom dollar that Portland finishes with the worst record. They've quit.

New York has, too. But they have the talent to win in spite of that.

Charlotte is still busting their *** to win games.

Portland will have the most lottery balls.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
Ron Cey said:
You can bet your bottom dollar that Portland finishes with the worst record. They've quit.

New York has, too. But they have the talent to win in spite of that.

Charlotte is still busting their *** to win games.

Portland will have the most lottery balls.
I agree with your prediction. Eleven straight and counting. Portland just looks awful.

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Well, right now New York has the most losses. So they have to win at least two games not to tie with Portland for last place. It's hard to see how they will win two games :

Tue 4 @ Washington L
Wed 5 Cleveland L
Fri 7 Indiana L
Sun 9 @ Boston L
Mon 10 @ Indiana L
Thu 13 @ Cleveland L
Fri 14 Milwaukee L
Sun 16 @ Detroit L
Mon 17 Charlotte ?W
Wed 19 @ New Jersey ?L

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.