Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Better Call Saul
13,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far it's a three man race between Kobe (29) and Durant/Melo (28). I think the outlier in the group is 'Melo, seeing as he's hitting his threes at a seemingly unsustainable rate (somewhere near 45% I believe) and I think he'll finish somewhere between the 25-27 range once he cools off. Gun to my head I'd probably say KD considering Kobe's age and the fact that the Lakers are bringing in a double didget scorer back into the lineup (Nash) and one would hope Bryant's minutes will get limited later in the year.

The only way I see Kobe edging this out is if Nash's impact on offense causes Kobe to replicate his efficiency from the first couple of weeks of the season, but that's far from certain. I'll go ahead and say that a fourth scoring title for Durantula seems likely.

What say you?

·
KD easily. When Nash runs the offense again Kobe's numbers will drop slightly, and I'm not sure what's going to happen with this Melo/Amare combination.

·
Lifetime Member
24,723 Posts
I want to say Melo, just because when the Knicks get into a rough patch I'm intrigued whether he keeps up his team play or can't resist going hero ball.

·
Administrator
67,770 Posts
Durant seems like the easy answer for this one. Although, Kobe could have gotten it last year on the last day of the season but chose not to. If comes down to it again this year, will he be so generous?

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
Y'all are crazy. It's definitely going to be Chris Bosh :D

·
Michael Whiteacre's Running Mate
2,338 Posts
I think KD will take it by a wide margin. He is just starting to get going now - so I think he'll win it over Kobe & Anthony by 2 or 3 points. I can't see Kobe sustaining his scoring when Nash goes back - because that type of ball will be lucky to get them to the Playoffs.

Anthony's number will surely decline when Amare gets back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts