Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's no way they're going to keep both Wilcox and Ely with Brand and Kandi already on the roster. Barkley made a good point when he said that Baylor didn't mention Wilcox at all when Cheryl Miller was interviewing him. He'll definitely be traded. He didn't look too happy when they drafted him anyway.

·
Registered
11,761 Posts
EVEN if he trades wilcox, what the hell is he doing w/ ely...

HELLO, brand has low post moves, better then ely and he is proven, and carried the clippers all year long.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by moTIGS
There's no way they're going to keep both Wilcox and Ely with Brand and Kandi already on the roster. Barkley made a good point when he said that Baylor didn't mention Wilcox at all when Cheryl Miller was interviewing him. He'll definitely be traded. He didn't look too happy when they drafted him anyway.
If you noticed...Cheryl Miller made a mistake when she asked the question, she said "Ely and Melvin". She didn't say "Ely and Wilcox". Baylor answered the question because, he was never asked about Chris Wilcox.:no:

·
Registered
208 Posts
I don't know what kind of trade they are looking to make, but I am sure we will see one. There apparently is a logjam at both forward positions now.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm not sure if there is any validity to this but our Memphis paper printed some quotes about some 'talk' of a Stromile Swift for Lamar Odom trade. Swift is entering his final year of his rookie contract. His jumping ability and athleticism are beyond belief. However he seems to be lost on the court and generally doesn't grasp the flow of the game. He only played one season at Louisiana State before he came out so he's still only 21 years old. I kinda wish we'd hang on to him another year or so but Jerry West seems intent on moving him. What can you tell me about Lamar Odom?

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I can tell you that that isn't going to happen, because then the Clippers would have 4 PF. Also, the Clippers can get way more for Odom than Swift, especially if they package him with one of the picks.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Odom for Swift straight up? I wouldn't like that. Swift has a lot of potential, but more than Odom? That's something for speculation, and it's not reliable to hope that the speculation turns out to be true.

I really hope that does not happen.

·
Registered
206 Posts
The Clippers will trade for a point gaurd. Or at least they will TRY and trade for a point guard. I think they allready have a deal worked out with a team that involves Maggette and Wilcox or Ely. They will obviously make a move, and I just hope it is for a point guard. My three top picks- Baron Davis, Andre Miller, Jay Williams. Sure Baron's not going anywhere but Andre would be awsome as well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts