Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Undertaker reached out to WWE in the past week and told them that he wants to compete at WrestleMania 29 and is currently in training for his return. He reportedly pitched an opponent to WWE and it’s not Triple H or Ryback.

As we’ve been reporting, the current plan for the Undertaker at WrestleMania is for him to wrestle CM Punk in a “Respect vs. Streak” match.
Unless they plan on turning Punk back to a babyface by Undertaker and him shaking hands at the end of the match. Or they plan on turning him into the full blown mega heel by ending the Undertaker Streak. I dont see this working

I think you do Sheamus vs. Undertaker at WM. If WWE wants Sheamus to reach face of the company status you have him put on a incredible match with Taker on the biggest stage. Sheamus last WM match was a joke and hurt him since the 30 seconds win against Daniel Bryan backfired really badly

·
Look at your favorite team, now back to mine, mine
8,475 Posts
What if they had the Rock be Undertakers opponent?

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
If it's not Brock, I don't want to see it. Sadly they will probably do Brock/HHH so HHH can get his win back.
Of course they will. Triple H has too big of an ego to not get a win back. He's such a piece of shit.

What if they had the Rock be Undertakers opponent?
No thanks. I'd rather see Undertaker face Lesnar, CM Punk, Cena, or Sheamus.

·
I'm perfectly calm Dude
13,413 Posts
I predicted it would be Brock Lesnar months ago and i still feel like that would be the best direction to go in. Punk while he is great is not the brawler type guy that i think the fans could buy laying a wrestlemania beatdown on Taker(only to eventually lose) Brock is the one guy left that can make the fans feel the undertaker is invincible.

·
8,475 Posts
Of course they will. Triple H has too big of an ego to not get a win back. He's such a piece of shit.

No thanks. I'd rather see Undertaker face Lesnar, CM Punk, Cena, or Sheamus.
I don't see how anyone can say that with a serious look on their face

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
I don't see how anyone can say that with a serious look on their face
The reason to put Sheamus in that match is to establish him as one of those extremely over guys you can build your show around. It would also provide the opportunity for him to be a heel, which he's much better at.

Punk, Lesnar and Cena seem the most likely opponents and could all be interesting with the right build-up. I wouldn't want to see Rock in that match.

I wish they'd use it to build a new star, but the match has become a marketing tool at this point, so it's not going to be someone who isn't already a big name.

·
8,475 Posts
The reason to put Sheamus in that match is to establish him as one of those extremely over guys you can build your show around. It would also provide the opportunity for him to be a heel, which he's much better at.

Punk, Lesnar and Cena seem the most likely opponents and could all be interesting with the right build-up. I wouldn't want to see Rock in that match.

I wish they'd use it to build a new star, but the match has become a marketing tool at this point, so it's not going to be someone who isn't already a big name.
Yea but the whole idea is that you want Undertaker to be facing bigger named opponents if it's a marketing tool. The Rock would be the best possible person for that, it's certainly better than trying to have him be in the title picture.

·
Premium Member
12,189 Posts
Yea but the whole idea is that you want Undertaker to be facing bigger named opponents if it's a marketing tool. The Rock would be the best possible person for that, it's certainly better than trying to have him be in the title picture.
We've seen the Rock vs. the Undertaker a ****ing million times why would you want to see it again at Wrestlemania? Either build a new star or have him face someone who doesn't have much history with him.

Who the fack cares it's wrestling

If you don't care then get the **** outta here.

·
8,475 Posts
We've seen the Rock vs. the Undertaker a ****ing million times why would you want to see it again at Wrestlemania? Either build a new star or have him face someone who doesn't have much history with him.

If you don't care then get the **** outta here.
We've seen Brock Lesnar vs Taker a lot of times as well, hell we even saw them face each other in a hell in a cell match. And it garners the most interest. The best way to do Taker's matches at Mania is to have a face face him (sadly that was the best way I could think of wording it).

Although I do think that Cena is the only person Taker should be facing at Wrestlemania. But if I had to choose between Rock and Lesnar I would pick Rock in a heartbeat. Also there's so many better opponents you could have for a great talent like Lesnar. For someone like him, you don't want to waste this appearance. Give him someone great. Don't waste it on a broken down Taker, I don't care how much attention it draws.

·
_(ツ)_ส้้้้&#3
28,008 Posts
At this point, it doesn't really matter to me because I have no confidence Undertaker would be booked to lose, nor should he. It's not like his legend is going to get any greater at this point, and if someone like Sheamus were booked to give him his one loss, people would forget about it by July and it'll look hugely stupid in the long run when Sheamus is wrestling mid-card matches on some forgettable PPV.

Ultimately, it'll be a pretty good match with a ton of near-falls before the Tombstone finishes.

I wouldn't be disappointed if there were more UT WrestleMania matches, but the last one seemed like a really good stopping point in storyline terms.

·
8,475 Posts
At this point, it doesn't really matter to me because I have no confidence Undertaker would be booked to lose, nor should he. It's not like his legend is going to get any greater at this point, and if someone like Sheamus were booked to give him his one loss, people would forget about it by July and it'll look hugely stupid in the long run when Sheamus is wrestling mid-card matches on some forgettable PPV.

Ultimately, it'll be a pretty good match with a ton of near-falls before the Tombstone finishes.

I wouldn't be disappointed if there were more UT WrestleMania matches, but the last one seemed like a really good stopping point in storyline terms.
Agreed, that should've been the ending point. 20-0, end of an era, yet for some strange reason they are going to continue it. I just don't understand it. 20-0 is absolutely perfect. Just leave it at that ffs.

·
8,475 Posts
They are continuing it because Vince can make money from it. Pretty simple idea.
Yea I realize that, I just wish it didn't have to be this way. Oh well.

·
King George
11,475 Posts
Undertaker can still put on a good match, they're just going to be slow. As good psychologically as CM Punk is in the ring, I hope it's him.

·
I want Waffles.
19,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I want The Rock vs. Cena vs. CM Punk.

Sent from my iPhone using Verticalsports.com Free App
Bump

This makes sense and i dont get why the WWE doesnt do this. Last years Rock vs. Cena was hyped as once in a lifetime so why do it again? Punk should be involved somehow instead of some random ass match with The Undertaker. The build up to WM makes no sense now it seems like the matches that are rumored are just gonna be thrown together at the last second

·
King George
11,475 Posts
Well, looks like Cena wins the Rumble and challenges Rock. Orton turns heel and goes after Sheamoose. And we get Punk and Undertaker.

Punk and Undertaker has a chance to be a great match, Punk's gonna have us believing he'll beat the streak, but I'm not sure how he'll make the GTS look good.

As far as why they don't do Rock/Cena/Punk threeway, maybe because Taker won't have a decent opponent. I think building up Punk over the past 420+ days makes him a legitimate opponent for Taker.

I'm not a huge fan of having a main event rematch and another rematch on the card, but that's kind of WWE's thing these days.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts