Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who will win Rookie of the Year next season?

• Yao Ming

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • Jay Williams

Votes: 36 34.0%
  • Mike Dunleavy

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Drew Gooden

Votes: 9 8.5%
  • Nikoloz Tskitishvili

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Dajuan Wagner

Votes: 21 19.8%
  • Nene Hilario

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Chris Wilcox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Caron Butler

Votes: 18 17.0%
  • Other

Votes: 10 9.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Everybody vote! Here are yr ten choices:

1) Yao Ming

2) Jay Williams

3) Mike Dunleavy

4) Drew Gooden

5) Nikoloz Tskitishvili

6) Dajuan Wagner

7) Nene Hilario

8) Chris Wilcox

9) Caron Butler

10) Other (don't forget that this Emmanuel Ginobili guy will be a rookie next season with the Spurs, I forgot to add him as a choice, sorry)

·
Registered
119 Posts
i think its between butler and williams. both will get significant minutes and both are ready to contribute. butler by a hair.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yep, I agree, it's between Butler and Williams...

Other thoughts:

1) Yao Ming MIGHT end up being a good (or great) NBA player, but not next season, and the Rockets will be a huge disappointment, their GM will get fired;

2) Any number of players (Tskitishvili, Hilario, Wilcox, Stoudemire, Ely, Haislip, and those are just the lottery picks) will not be ready to play in the league and will therefore not get very many minutes;

3) Mike Dunleavy will wish he'd stayed in school, as the Warriors will SUCK SUCK SUCK;

4) The Grizzlies will be a lot better than anybody thinks...

Rookie of the Year voting:

1 Caron Butler
2 Jay Williams
3 Emmanuel Ginobili (will play for the Spurs starting next year)
4 Dajuan Wagner (assuming Andre Miller gets traded, which is a fair assumption, this guy will play plenty of minutes and jack up plenty of shots, and most of those shots will be terrible shots as the Cavs finish with the worst record in the East)
5 Drew Gooden (will play PLENTY of minutes for this team, because he's good enough to play and because this team doesn't have any depth)

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
I'd say that Caron Butler and Jay Williams are the top 2 candidates. But my vote was for Williams.

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I voted for Gooden...he is a really good player...what can I say? :)

·
Registered
206 Posts
Juanny or Butler. I went for Juanny. The people voting hate assist men and love scorers. Last year Richard Jefferson got as many votes as Tinsley. If that doesn't prove my point I don't know what could.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
I think Dunleavy will win it. I think Gooden would win it if he were starting for a team (so if he does start, I pick him)..

I think Dunleavy will end up with 14 ppg, 6 rpg, 5 apg ..

·
Registered
366 Posts
ok I know i am probably flying solo on this one but i am extremly FLOORED by the way the Amare Stoudimire isn't even on the list, i asure you that during the season Amare Soudimire will make a strong case to be Rookie of the year!!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think Gooden was the most NBA ready player, but he will be playing around alot of other guys, so he probably won't get the time he needs to have much of a rookie season. I'd say its somewhere in between Caron Butler and DeJuan Wagner

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ginobili.

I´ve seen Ginobili and he is better than all this young guys. He will be a starter for the Spurs.

·
Moderator/Head Decepticon
7,624 Posts
Jay Williams- He's the most NBA ready out of all these guys...

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
I settled with Williams as the ROY.

I thought Gooden for about a second, but being next to Gasol, I wouldn't expect him to be able to put up stats so amazing that he will get it. On the other hand, there's nothing stopping JWill from putting up those stats as a point guard.

Also Butler is a good choice, but the question is will Riley swallow the rookie's not playing rule he's had in past seasons?

-Tim

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by Genjuro
I think Williams and Ginobili have the best chances to win the ROY.
Ginobili, com' on man, get serious. He won't even be starting. And he was a second round pick.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
Originally posted by The X Factor

Ginobili, com' on man, get serious. He won't even be starting. And he was a second round pick.
He was a second round pick at the time, but it was highly mentioned that if he was in this year's draft he would've been a lock as a first rounder. Also, you guys can throw Marko Jaric into this mix..

Because if he produces up to what people are saying and pushes the Clips up into the playoffs, he more then deserves it.

-Tim

·
Registered
4,387 Posts
Where is Marko Jaric? If the Clippers do not trade for a PG Jaric should be ROY on the Clippers and if they do get Dre or BD expect Jaric to be traded to Denver and he'll be ROY there. He is the most NBA ready player and he is a natural born leader. On a slightly off-topic though it would be very cool if the Mavericks could trade for him, but they really don't have enough without giving up Nash or Nowitzki or Lafrentz +.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts