Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who would you blame for the Knicks' disastrous season?

• Larry Brown

Votes: 29 28.2%
  • Isiah Thomas

Votes: 52 50.5%
  • James Dolan

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • The Knicks players

Votes: 12 11.7%
  • Spike Lee

Votes: 9 8.7%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Larry Brown. This team was merely bad last year. They added the Chicago Bulls frontcourt from a team that won homecourt last year. And they became worse!? After having one of the best drafts from last year?

Larry Brown is a douche. It's already been said, but his rotations suck. He is overly confrontational with his players. His offense has sucked for ages. The team isn't a defense first team.

I guarantee Mike D'Antoni could take the exact same roster and make it the fourth best team in the East.

The Knicks should be trying to score 120 points every night, not trying to hold teams under 80.

And Isiah isn't a bad gm. People are hard on him needlessly. He's a poor man's Bob Whitsitt. Another guy with a bad rap. The GM gets you talent. It's the coach's job to make that talent work in a system. And you can't argue that Isiah didn't give Larry talent. He got the best possible players that the Knicks could aquire given their situation.

This team doesn't need an overhaul either. It just needs an offensive minded system. And a non-douche coach.

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
I don't think there's any lottery pick this year is going to prove to be better than Eddy Curry. So it's not really a bad trade in that respect. Unless Barganani is a superstar, I don't think anyone at the top of this draft is going to be anything but a bust. Zeke knew this, which is why he had no problem parting with the pick. I bet he picks someone late in the first round that's better than whoever ends up being the number 3 pick(Italian dude notwithstanding). The Knicks just got Lee, Frye, Robinson. They have Curry and Crawford and Woods. They really don't need anymore lottery picks. They need a coach with half a decent idea of how to use these guys.

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
Dodigago said:
I blame Isiah for bringing in Larry Brown ,he knew the players he had and he also knew that Brown is that type of coach..
Well supposedly Larry Brown was the greatest coach ever, and he could teach anyone how to play playoff basketball. Isiah was just buying the hype. Along with everyone else. The Knicks haven't had a good coach since Pat Riley left. Van Gumby was a lucky ******* and he knew it, that's why he left.

· Our Sentence Is Up
40,231 Posts
I think the reason Isiah hired Larry was because he could supposedly teach defense and "right way" playing to anybody. Turns out Larry couldn't even coach his own "right way" schtick, let alone come up with some new style. Didn't Larry say he was going to try some new things back in January? How did that work out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.