Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 1 9.1%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a similar thread like this up in the Celtics forum, but who would you guys want Indiana to face in the first round of the playoffs this season.(If they make it)

·
Registered
16,561 Posts
The Pistons, even if it's only for a one game revenge. We'll lose to anyone and it'll be worth it to maybe win one game. They also don't have two explosive offensive players like everyone else (Washington has Arenas, but Jamison and Hughes could easily have an off game scoring-wise). Miami has Shaq and Wade who are probably unstoppable with our current lineup, Washington has been burning us all year although they don't have much of an offensive force, the Celtics have PP and Walker who will destroy us from the 3-point line (although we can hope that they have an off game or two so we can make the series somewhat close), and then the Cavs have Z and LeBron. Z has dominated inside in the Cavs' past two games, and LeBron can score almost anytime he wants to it seems. If I wanted to win a series, it'd probably go like this:

Celtics
Wizards
Pistons
Cavs
Heat

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
Like Pacers Fan, I also want the Pistons. In all honesty, none of us really expect the Pacers to make it deep into the playoffs(if we make them at all)....so I definitely want to go through Detroit. What better way to close out the season than to go back to the place that ended it early. I want detroit, I hope we stay 7th in the east. And could you even imagine how HUGE it would be if we did somehow manage to pull of the upset?????

BRING ON DETROIT!

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Yeah, since the season is pretty much written off detroit would be cool.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
StephenJackson said:
Like Pacers Fan, I also want the Pistons. In all honesty, none of us really expect the Pacers to make it deep into the playoffs(if we make them at all)....so I definitely want to go through Detroit. What better way to close out the season than to go back to the place that ended it early. I want detroit, I hope we stay 7th in the east. And could you even imagine how HUGE it would be if we did somehow manage to pull of the upset?????

BRING ON DETROIT!
I don't want to close the season losing to Detroit. It would give John Greene too much satisfaction.

·
Feel the Rush!
4,292 Posts
PacersguyUSA said:
I don't want to close the season losing to Detroit. It would give John Greene too much satisfaction.
Yeah I know what you mean there. But just like the Red Sox wanted to go through the Yankees, I wanna go through Detroit.

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
StephenJackson said:
Yeah I know what you mean there. But just like the Red Sox wanted to go through the Yankees, I wanna go through Detroit.
I definately don't think we can beat Detroit right now.
Yes they've struggled the last couple of games, but without Artest and most probably JO, it'll be a mountain too high to climb.
I think we'd be better off playing them in the 2nd round(if we advance), that way our guys will have some confidence, and hopefully some of the momentum will be in our favor.

·
Registered
7,278 Posts
If I were the Pacers I would most want to face the Pistons. I think the two teams have a rivalry going on and it would be a very competitive series and the Pacers have a chance at revenge.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I'll take Detroit.

Just so we can beat them, and I can see Ben Wallace cry.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts