• Chicago

Votes: 10 50.0%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 1 5.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,453 Posts
Pacer's because they have been on such a roller-coaster this year that they can be easily shaken by a loss in an early stage.

·
Registered
13,107 Posts
If I had the choice, I'd like to play the Magic. Every time we face them, I have a smile on my face. There's always a team that you just "own" and that team is the Magic for us.

From that list though, I'd like to face the Bulls. I don't think they can compete with us in a 7 game series and they do not have the experience.

I wouldn't want to face Indy since there's a rumor that O'Neal may be back by the playoffs, and you never know if Stern may change his mind about Artest to make the playoffs and the Pacers more competitive.

I wouldn't want to face the Cavs because they have the 2nd best center in the east. 'nuff said.

Philly is a posibility, I wouldn't mind facing them. Webber can't move and they don't have anyone down in the middle, we would be able to abuse them, BUT if they get hot from 3, we're paying big time. I wouldn't want that knowing how horrible we are guarding the outside shot.

·
Banned
40 Posts
Becareful what you wish for.

Remember three years ago when Philly sat a healthy AI so they could play the Celtics, thinking they would easily beat us. Remember what happened? I do which is why this question should never be asked.

·
Registered
472 Posts
I picked the Sixers. I'd love to face them just because it would do my heart good to see Obie sweat while the C's humiliate his team. They would run the bum out of Philly if that happened :clap:

Seriously though, matchup wise I think the Sixers would be good because I don't see any position where I think they have an obvious advantage except for Iverson and we have some guys (TA, Banks, Ricky) with the speed to play tough D on him. They wouldn't go down easy, but I think the C's depth would be the deciding factor.

Cleveland may not be playing their best right now, but they have the talent to hang in games and they provide some matchup problems for the C's. Again I think our depth would be a big plus for the C's, but I think that the real clincher would be that if it came down to it Ricky would refuse to let his old team beat his current team and would carry the team on his shoulders if he had to.

Same thing for Indiana, O'Neal is supposed to be back for the playoffs and Indiana has shown a lot of guts to be playing as well as they have through all they've been through this year. I don't think there's even a remote chance that Artest will be allowed to play, but even without Artest they are tough. Don't forget, they beat the C's a couple of days after the fight with only 7 or 8 elgible players. I know that the C's are a far better team now than they were then but you know that in their minds they know they have beaten us with less than their best talent so that will make them even tougher.

Chicago should be the easiest opponent, but even though they are young they have some nice talent on that team and they are capable of beating anyone on any given night. Also, Chicago is one of those teams that the C's have had problems with the last few years for whatever reason. Like Indiana, they have beaten us, and I don't think they'll really be afraid to face us, so that is one more intangible that you have to consider. Over a series I think the C's would win, but I think it would be a tough series.

Whoever the opponent is, the C's will eventually have to go through Miami and/or Detroit which will be the real test of just how good this team is. I would never have believed it at the beginning of the year, but I think this team can really go all the way to the finals and will be a threat to win it all. I've been a Celtic fan since the 70's (late 60's actually, but who's counting) and this is the first time since the Bird/McHale/Parish/etc. days that I've thought that another banner was even remotely possible. Even if they go out in the first round just having that hope makes this season great for me.

·
Premium Member
8,260 Posts
Chicago. They're young and we're better.

If you don't mind me taking a look ahead, here's what I see the playoffs looking like:
Miami v. Philadelphia
Washington v. Indiana
Boston v. Chicago
Detroit v. Cleveland

I don't see any of the division champs getting bounced, but I do see Indy over Washington:
Miami v. Indiana
Boston v. Detroit

Miami takes Indiana. Boston and Detroit should be one hell of a series and I am looking forward to seeing that.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Indiani without Jermaine would be the easiest one, but he is expected to be back in playoffs...:whoknows:

·
Registered
352 Posts
Chicago, because I think we would match up well agaist them, and in Philly it seems that Webber is playing alot better, and i would not want to face Lebron i dont know why, he just scares me when we play him

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts

·
Where he belongs...
3,814 Posts
that wasnt me fellas...my boy was being stupid...disregard that last post

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
I would have to say Chicago, not only because of their youth (we have a lot of that ourselves although we have vets too) but also because we've won every game against them this season and that plays on the mind...and that was pre-Toine so I mean I really think we could OWN them, I hope anyway....then as Agoo said I see us facing Detroit in the 2nd round.

OT....did everyone know that we are no LEGITIMATELY the 3rd seed in the East???? :clap: :clap: :clap: I'm not talking just because we own the Atlantic, we are 3rd even if you take away the divisions. :banana:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts