Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Which opponent would you like the Heat to face in the 1st Round?

• Indiana

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Orlando

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • New Jersey

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Philadelphia

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Cleveland

Votes: 6 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you got to choose which opponent to face in the 1st round, obviously picking the easiest opponent for the Heat, who would it be?

Vote in the poll, and rank them in your post.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
I would like to face Orlando, or the nets

from easiest to most difficult

Orlando
Jersey
Clev
Philly
Indiana

·
15 STRONG
27,487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I voted for Cleveland.

They play no defense at all, it would be a quick sweep of the Cavs. Z can't handle Shaq. Haslem can contain Gooden. EJ would be guarding LBJ, and as long as you don't let someone else go for 20 pts, the Cavs lose. They have no answer to Wade, and DJ wouldn't have trouble guarding their PGs.

In order of preference, after the cavs:
1.Orlando
2a.Philly
2b.New Jersey
4.Indiana

Although playing Indiana, revenge for last year and ending Reggie Miller's career would also be a nice start. (Sorry, but I've never liked Reggie except for when he played the Knicks, so I would like to see the Heat put the last nail in his career)

·
Beer Drinker!!!
8,247 Posts
I want the Pacers in the 1st round!!!

If we take them out (and we would/will) it would put our teams confidence through the f'n roof!!!

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Definately not Indiana :gopray:

1. Philly
2. Orlando
3. New Jersey
4. Cleveland
5. Indiana

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
Either Cleveland or Orlando would be nice. Don't want to play Philly--Iverson is perfectly capable of winning playoff series by himself, and that's not a chance I'm willing to take. I'm sure we could beat the Nets, but they seem to be coming on much stronger than Cleveland or Orlando, while we seem to have had lots of problems with Indiana this year.

·
Heat fan since 2001
7,145 Posts
Orlando Magic.

Wade alone beated them 2 times.

·
Whiteside of the Moon
9,694 Posts
I want to play the Pacers. I want some revenge on the team that has had our number all year, and knocked us out of the playoffs last year. I see a rivalry building with this team, and I could think of nothing sweeter then to knock them out first. I think the easiest team would be Cleveland, though I heard Grant Hill was out, so maybe the Magic. Either way I'll take Indy please.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Heated said:
I want to play the Pacers. I want some revenge on the team that has had our number all year, and knocked us out of the playoffs last year. I see a rivalry building with this team, and I could think of nothing sweeter then to knock them out first. I think the easiest team would be Cleveland, though I heard Grant Hill was out, so maybe the Magic. Either way I'll take Indy please.
I want us to play the Pacers also. We need to show them that we can rise to the occasion and beat them. We need to let the Pacers know who are the best in the east and watch Wade dunk on J O'neal again.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
The Future7 said:
We need to let the Pacers know who are the best in the east and watch Wade dunk on J O'neal again.
Thanks for remembering me back to this amazing moment! Best dunk of the last season! :banana:

·
Registered
836 Posts
It looks like it will either be Philly, Cavs, or NJ now for the 8th spot.

My rankings would be:

Cavs
NJ
Philly

But, I think we are going to get Philly, and they will win at least 1 game.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Orlando Magic.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts