Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
BasketballBoards Fat Cat
1,320 Posts
Rose.

I'll bet the Clippers would too (with the possible exception of their cheap owner).

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Rose - for his leadership

Odom is great, though.

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by blkwdw13
Jalen Rose or Lamar Odom?
For the young Bulls?

Jalen, no question. A model citizen, widely respected, and a mentor to the young Bulls. Has 'star power' the Bulls desperately needed.

Lamar, arguably more talented. But inconsistencies and smoking the maryjane doesn't help him much. Would be poor fit for the Bulls (instead of Rose)

VD

·
Registered
3,919 Posts
Rose without question-proven to be one of the top 5 fourth Qtr. scorers in the league. I like Odom, but he's one puff away from a one year suspension.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Originally posted by Louie
Rose without question-proven to be one of the top 5 fourth Qtr. scorers in the league. I like Odom, but he's one puff away from a one year suspension.
No he's not. That's a myth that keeps being mentioned on message boards. There is no policy that backs this up. He's one puff away from a five game suspension.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Originally posted by Lizzy

No he's not. That's a myth that keeps being mentioned on message boards. There is no policy that backs this up. He's one puff away from a five game suspension.
Actually it's one of those indefinent suspensions. I think Odom got an 8 game suspension this season. All you know is that it will be at least 5 games. And since it was his second offense he got 8 games and not 5. So it doubt it would go down to 5 games, but either stay at 8 of go up to 10/12 etc. But I think thats about as harsh a suspension you'll ever see w/o it being a multiple offense for harder drugs.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Actually, I think 5 games is the length of the suspension for third & subsequent marijuana violations, provided the player agrees to treatment and counseling.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#51

The CBA does not specify the length of suspensions except in the cases of:

Missing the rookie transition program: 5 games
Unlawful violence: 10 games minimum

Drugs other than marijuana and steroids:
First violation: no suspension
Second violation: 6 month suspension following mandatory treatment program
Third violations disqualfication from the NBA

Marijuana:
First two violations: no suspension
Third & subsequent violations: 5 games

Steroids:
First violation: 5 games
Second violation: 10 games
Third & subsequent violations: 25 games

The suspensions for drugs become larger if the player refuses to submit to mandatory treatment and monitoring.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Well I think Odom was very cooperative though. So how does that explain the 8 games suspension? I do remember the term "indefinite" used. As in it was up to the discretion of the league to determine it. Well regardless I remember the Clips fans making a big fuss about it because they were 0-4 with him then 6-2?(maybe 5-3) without him at the beginning of the season.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I pick Jalen Rose over Lamar Odom why?

BECAUSE THATS THE BOTTOM LINE BECAUSE THIS PIMP SAID SO!

:laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts