Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who would be the best fit for the Nets?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,842 Posts
PJ Brown without a doubt. I've been saying we need PJ. He's the most realistic out of all of them.

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Love PJ Brown. A better fit that, but a guy not in the NBA anymore, Charles Oakley.

PJ Brown is as tough, just Oakley was a mean SOB that would protect our big 4!

We would still be soft in a way.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
PJ is realistic, on a team that is rebuilding...we'd might have to trade away a 1st rounder for him...or rights to Illc...I'm thinking more along the lines of the 1st though...

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
Netted- said:
I chose Brown because of his defense and the Hornets won't command as much as Atlanta would for Harrington.
Money wise, he's the highest paid of the 3 though.

And has the longest contract.

-Petey

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Nazr- would be tough to get, but hes solid, and underrated, and doesnt need the ball to make an impact.

PJ Brown- In the words of Bob Barker, If the price is right

Al- Id love it, he can score, hes athletic, and hes very young and is very much on the trading block. Apparently I suck at trade ideas, what would it take Petey?

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Petey said:
Money wise, he's the highest paid of the 3 though.

And has the longest contract.

-Petey
True. He only makes $1.6mm more than Harrington. Both Harrington and Mohammed can walk away next season. The one good thing about Brown's contract is he can be traded. Last year of a contract. Throw him in the KG trade next summer. :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
nazr hasnt been doing anything this year, harrington just likes to shoot, so i think p.j would be our best bet

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
No Harrington. He's not the big man we need. He's more of a SF. He doesn't get in the post and bang, nor does he block any shots.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
AND1NBA said:
No Harrington. He's not the big man we need. He's more of a SF. He doesn't get in the post and bang, nor does he block any shots.
Oh he plays in the post...just that he's not much of a defender and more of a tweener like u said...

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Al Harrington
Atlanta Hawks
Position: F
Height: 6-9 Weight: 245
2005-06 Statistics
PPG 16.7
RPG 9.0
APG 3.0
SPG 1.67
BPG .00
FG% .440
FT% .857
3P% .000
MPG-35.7

P.J. Brown
New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornet
Position: F-C
Height: 6-11 Weight: 239
2005-06 Statistics
PPG 12.8
RPG 9.3
APG 1.5
SPG .50
BPG .75
FG% .548
FT% .833
3P% .000
MPG 34.3

Its not really fair to put up Nazr's stats, hes no getting much time

·
Registered
8,966 Posts
i like al harrington more. he's younger, more athletic and can both forward positions. He would run better than PJ Brown. Give me Baby Al please.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
This offense would be something crazy with AL. I couldnt imagine teams trying to guard VC, then he kicks out ot RJ, hell drive with already bering mismatched the he could dish out to AL or Nenad.

D would be questionable, but Twin would still get plety of minutes in my book. Coming in for AL and Nenad at times.

·
Registered
9,187 Posts
PJ Brown. The nets already have Krstic in the middle, backed up by Collins, so you can go without Nazr.

Krstic is capable of scoring, so it knocks out Al Harrington when you already have Carter, Jefferson, and Kidd to handle the load.

PJ Brown is the type of guy any coach would love to put next to their center if that center is more of a finesse type of player like Krstic is.

PJ Brown just fits as a net, he will fill in the gap better than the other two players.

Thinking about the Nets title aspirations, he will also be able to defend guys like Jermaine O'Neal, Rasheed Wallace and Antoine Walker better than Harrington and Mohammed.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Maybe im the ultimate pessimist, but I just see PJ coming in, looking good, and then getting a back injury or something.

Similar to a Zo situation

·
Registered
5,515 Posts
Nazr Mohammed...

Reactions: Petey
1 - 20 of 25 Posts