• Mike Vick

Votes: 32 64.0%
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bron or Vick?
I'd rather watch Lebron play because you can see the players reactions and its up close action which is better. They aren't covered in gear all padded up.

·
Registered
10,840 Posts
I'm going with Vick, because the dude does some incredible things on the football field.

LeBron is also amazing on the basketball court, but for some reason I would rather watch Vick.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Vick. Lebron is amazing, but he doesn't make many plays where your jaw hits the floor, mainly because there are other players in the league capable of duplicating virtually everything he does. Vick is a little more one-of-a-kind.

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
Lebron without a doubt. Who says Lebron doesn't make as many jaw-dropping plays??? Vick only pulls off a miracle around once a game. Lebron has a chance to create everytime he touches the ball, because he is the main option and the point guard.

Lebronnnnnn!!!!

·
Esquire
8,573 Posts
I could honestly care less. I don't watch either of them. Not big fan of either.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C-MO 22 LD</b>!
Lebron without a doubt. Who says Lebron doesn't make as many jaw-dropping plays??? Vick only pulls off a miracle around once a game. Lebron has a chance to create everytime he touches the ball, because he is the main option and the point guard.

Lebronnnnnn!!!!
This is true, but Tmac, Kobe, etc. all make phenomenal plays on a consistent basis as well. Who on the planet can duplicate the kind of plays Vick makes regularly?

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Hmmm. To watch Mike Vick throw for under 50% completion and get injured, or to watch Lebron shoot 10-25 while turning the ball over 10 times...:uhoh:

I'll take neither.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
This is true, but Tmac, Kobe, etc. all make phenomenal plays on a consistent basis as well. Who on the planet can duplicate the kind of plays Vick makes regularly?
The person with the highest highlight reel play per play ratio would have to be Jason Kidd. He has made some plays this year that immediately go to the top of the list.

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
Vick. He does things that people have never seen before and that nobody else could do....its hard to pick between the two though, since they are some of the most enertaining athletes in the world

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Originally posted by <b>jmk</b>!
Hmmm. To watch Mike Vick throw for under 50% completion and get injured, or to watch Lebron shoot 10-25 while turning the ball over 10 times...:uhoh:

I'll take neither.
That's a fairly negative post. Lebron is shooting a relatively impressive fg% of 42% (which is above other stars like Kidd, Davis, Tmac, Pierce, Iverson, and Carter I believe), and posting right around 20, 6, and 6. This when he just turned 19 a couple weeks ago. On top of which he makes phenomenal plays on a consistent basis.

Vick was an MVP candidate at the age of 22, at the QB position, and led an average (at best) team to a playoff win AT Lambeau Field last year. Obviously he was injured this year but when healthy the kid is immensely entertaining to watch.

Why the hostility towards the two prodigies of the two biggest sports in America?

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

The person with the highest highlight reel play per play ratio would have to be Jason Kidd. He has made some plays this year that immediately go to the top of the list.
I'll disagree with that. I'd take Tmac, Kobe, Lebron, AI, and Carter all before I'd take Kidd. He makes some great plays (although a lot of them should be whistled for traveling), but not nearly at the same consistent basis as those guys, and cases can be made for a few others as well.

·
Yes, please.
16,648 Posts
Why the hostility towards the two prodigies of the two biggest sports in America?
I knew my post would evoke these thoughts. Im not hostile towards either. I dont mean to hate on them, I just think both are wildly overrated.

I'll disagree with that. I'd take Tmac, Kobe, Lebron, AI, and Carter all before I'd take Kidd. He makes some great plays (although a lot of them should be whistled for traveling), but not nearly at the same consistent basis as those guys, and cases can be made for a few others as well.
Im assuming you may not be able to watch many Nets games then. He performs at a higher lighlight reel level than all of those players you listed. No one makes sicker passes or fakeouts. He is a very underrated dribbler as well.

·
Premium Member
70,380 Posts
Vick... no question. Whether it's his 80 yard bombs with a flick of the rist of 1 foot, or whether it is rushing for 150+ yards like it aint no thing... Vick is da shiznit.

And I'd rather see Vince than Lebron, btw.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts

I knew my post would evoke these thoughts. Im not hostile towards either. I dont mean to hate on them, I just think both are wildly overrated.

Im assuming you may not be able to watch many Nets games then. He performs at a higher lighlight reel level than all of those players you listed. No one makes sicker passes or fakeouts. He is a very underrated dribbler as well.
How can you honestly say Lebron is overrated? The kid is already a top 20 player in this league, and he's 19 years old. There's no possible way anybody straight out of high school playing the way he is can be overrated, it's simply not possible. As for Vick, you have a point. When a player gets voted player of the year with the kind of season he had last year, he's overrated. But he's still got the potential to be one of the greatest ever.

Well, you would be right in that I only get to watch the nationally televised games, but the flipside of that is you most likely don't get to watch those other players on a regular basis. I get to see plenty of Kidd and he's FAR from the most entertaining player in the league.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
I like basketball more than football. Basketball is faster paced. Lebron might have 10 great plays in a game that leave your jaw on the floor.

Vick at most will have 3.

Plus Lebron is the new thing. And new things are better than old things.

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
Lebron. Being such a basketball fan, I can no longer watch football or baseball, unless it is a big playoff game or championship. All other games move too slowly for me.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Originally posted by <b>futuristxen</b>!
new things are better than old things.
I couldn't disagree more with this statement. Are you telling me that todays basketball is better than basketball of yesturday because it is new? Are you saying that the music of today is better than the music of yesturyear because it is new? If anything "new" stuff is 100x's worse than anything from the past.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
Vick. Cause he always surprizes me with the things he is aple to do on the football field. Remember when Vick ran past the entire Vicking defence in overtime and two vicking players slammed into eachother. That was crazy. With Lebron, it's like, Kidd could do that, Vince has done that before ect. He is still amazing though.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts