Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will we trade before the deadline?
Who can we get for McCarty, Mills, Jones, Stewart, and our picks (and letZ be realistic)??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Curious George</b>!
Will we trade before the deadline?
Who can we get for McCarty, Mills, Jones, Stewart, and our picks (and letZ be realistic)??
No one. :D.

Whichever team takes either one of those 3 bums (I exclude Jones because before this season he actually did something) would be stupider then Danny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,722 Posts
You could get quite a bit for Mills (big expiring contract), and Blount has value. Everyone else on that list is fodder.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
You could get quite a bit for Mills (big expiring contract), and Blount has value. Everyone else on that list is fodder.






Jones WAS good, and yes, Mills is the best value; thinking blount may leave, we may be at best to trade him now?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,662 Posts
I say trade Blount, Davis, McCarty, Mills & Stewart for something big....I mean with Davis and Blount in there and Mills expiring contract that should get a star.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,175 Posts
Originally posted by <b>whiterhino</b>!
I say trade Blount, Davis, McCarty, Mills & Stewart for something big....I mean with Davis and Blount in there and Mills expiring contract that should get a star.
sadly, it would not get a star, but it might get a decent midlevel player.....


I say we package blount, mills, and Stewart for one player, I don't care who it is, I'd be happy with Chris Herren.....at the very least that move frees up roster space
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,662 Posts
I don't know, I think a combo of Davis and Blount along with McCarty and an expiring contract in Mills we could get say a Antawn Jamison & Marquis Daniels or something on that line from someone (not saying that's the deal we'd want just using it as an example). I mean Ricky is a scorer, Blount is a decent backup Center, McCarty is a 3 pt specialist and Mills frees cap space.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,722 Posts
You guys are a bunch of dreamers. There is no way the Celtics could put all those guys together to get a good player (e.g Jameison). Garbage is still garbage no matter how much there is of it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
You guys are a bunch of dreamers. There is no way the Celtics could put all those guys together to get a good player (e.g Jameison). Garbage is still garbage no matter how much there is of it.
How about LaFrentz, Welsch, and Mills for Walker and Delk? :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,722 Posts
Originally posted by <b>mrsister</b>!


How about LaFrentz, Welsch, and Mills for Walker and Delk? :D
LaFrentz and Welsch are not garbage. Actually, after the season is over Dallas might consider that deal, depending on what Antoine decides to do about his player option.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!


LaFrentz and Welsch are not garbage. Actually, after the season is over Dallas might consider that deal, depending on what Antoine decides to do about his player option.
Dallas would not consider that deal, especially not with Don Nelson as the coach.
Mark would trade Walker for the right big man but he isn't about to trade him for Raef and Jiri Welsch.
You over estimate the value of your players.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,722 Posts
So what big man do you think you could get for Walker? Remember that he will be making 14 million and the salaries have to match. And if Dallas doesn't trade him before the end of next year, he's free to walk and they will either get nothing for him or be forced to outbid the rest of the league to retain him.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,107 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
So what big man do you think you could get for Walker? Remember that he will be making 14 million and the salaries have to match. And if Dallas doesn't trade him before the end of next year, he's free to walk and they will either get nothing for him or be forced to outbid the rest of the league to retain him.
Expiring 14 million contract. :drool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
109 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Big John</b>!
So what big man do you think you could get for Walker? Remember that he will be making 14 million and the salaries have to match. And if Dallas doesn't trade him before the end of next year, he's free to walk and they will either get nothing for him or be forced to outbid the rest of the league to retain him.
I said that this is what Mark Cuban would do. I never said their was a player he could do this for.
Only a fool with a hidden agenda would trade Walker for Jiri and Raef.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,303 Posts
Originally posted by <b>24-7</b>!


I said that this is what Mark Cuban would do. I never said their was a player he could do this for.
Only a fool would a hidden agenda would trade Walker for Jiri and Raef.
You mean Danny Ainge?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
654 Posts
I wonder why some people are so reluctant to unload Davis. But I suppose if the right guy came along, see ya Ricky.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,662 Posts
You are right guys, my signature had to go, we are not beating anyone :sigh: I fixed it;)

I'm not hesitant at all to unload Ricky, I mean it's nothing against him, I just don't think he's a fit here and has trade value.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top