Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Tom Izzo

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Assuming John Carroll does not win the job, whom should the Celtics hire to start next season as head coach?

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
man what kind of K is jerry sloan under?

i wish we could lure that guy away

·
Registered
49 Posts
I say it should be Heinsohn. That way, they could mike him for the games and people at home could still keep track of "Tommy points" (or they could add it on the Jumbotron as a stat) :)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Others not listed

If, like Big John, you do not want to vote for one of the names listed, just say, "I'm voting for...." and I will keep the tally.

·
Registered
16,817 Posts
Re: Others not listed

Originally posted by <b>Truth34</b>!
If, like Big John, you do not want to vote for one of the names listed, just say, "I'm voting for...." and I will keep the tally.
Why didn't you post "Other" as an option instead...

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Why I didn't post "Other"

Well, this way we can hear who "other" is.....

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jerry Sichting

I heard Sichting's name mentioned by David Aldridge....He's an assistant to Flip Saunders....Hmmm....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Why not try to get Phil Jackson in the summer?

"When asked if Jackson will coach somewhere else next season if no agreement is reached with the Lakers, Musburger replied: "Phil's professional pursuits cover a wide spectrum. He's a man who has some wonderful choices in life. My sense is he's got a whole lot of games left to coach."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1733083

·
Registered
109 Posts
No one is going to want to coach this team.
Danny has let it be known by the way he has acted that this is his team. Any coach will be doing things his way.

Phil Jackson is never coming here.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DJ

I talked to DJ in LA Thursday night. He was scouting the game. He said he liked Marcus Banks, and the young players and added that he and Ainge were in "ongoing discussions." Sounded like he was interested, but Ainge is talking to a few guys. I'm thinking Sichting, DJ, Westphal, Lionel Hollins, etc.

·
Registered
348 Posts
After reading what happened at the team meeting, someone like bobby knight who is a hardbutt.. This team needs some leadership,some backbone..

·
Registered
527 Posts
I think it will come down to:

Sichting or DJ, probably Sichting, Danny wants to play Western Conference type of ball and Sichting is an assistant to Flip Saunders so I would think it is pretty likely.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shouldn't Paul Westphal be on the list? He would be tailor-fit for the running game Ainge wants. The '93 Phoenix Suns were a great team to watch.

·
Registered
2,722 Posts
I'm throwing my hat into the ring, even though I hate to travel. My assistant coaches would be Charles Barkley, Pete Carrill, Molly Bolin and Dr. Dre. Now there's an ecletic group.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts