Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
KRUSH or Qyntel Woods - Who will be better???

Both play SG & SF...
Both are coming of the bench...(for now)
Both are known to be offensive threats...

wha cha guys think???:confused:

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by dirty bruce
kareem rush = black sam jacobsen
qyntel woods = david benoit
Kareem Rush is much, much better than Sam Jacobsen. Rush has potential and NBA skill, Jacobsen had niether.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Well I think Rush is obviously the better shooter right now, and is currently more ready to play in the NBA, especially on a team like the Lakers where he is going to get a lot of open looks, and doesn't really have to create shots for himself. Im not sure how good of a defender Rush currently is by im guessing thats not the strong point of either him or Woods. If both players play up to their potential, there is no doubt that Woods is the better player, he is more athletic, much bigger and stronger, and from what Ive heard he is also a better ball handler than Rush. I think the Lakers made the right choice in getting Rush, because he has played against some of the best college competition, is ready to contribute immediately and is able to knock down the open three with ease. Woods would have probably been a project for the Lakers, a player similiar to Devean George(except much more talented) who would need a couple of seasons before he truly began to contribute for the team.

·
Kwisatz Haderach
31,773 Posts
If you would've asked the Lakers prior to the draft, they would've said Qyntel Woods hands down. But now since they have Rush, they'll probably say they have the player they want.:D

Rush is good for what he does, he's a good shooter, but he's not good at creating his own shot. But he is a lot more refined then Qyntel, but Woods is a dynamic player who most likely will be making his impact felt next season (after this upcoming one).

But with George getting resigned in LA, and Portland having Wells, and Anderson ahead of Woods, both these guys have some waiting to do. Especially Rush, since George's resigning is going to call for more minutes then he got last season, so look for him to be pushing Rick Fox for a starting spot.

-Tim

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
dirty bruce doesn't know what he's talking about

Every one of his comparisons are to bad players.

Right now I would say that Rush is hands down the better player. He's played 3 years of college basketball in the toughest conference in the country. Woods has played two years in a juco. There's no comparison.

PhillyPhanatic, if LA would have wanted Woods on draft night then they would have told Toronto to pick him for them. Both were available, and they took Rush.

·
Registered
924 Posts
Kareem Rush is the better of the two right now but if Qyntel Woods reaches his potential he would kill Kareem.

·
Beware of Elbows
18,500 Posts
Originally posted by PhillyPhanatic
If you would've asked the Lakers prior to the draft, they would've said Qyntel Woods hands down. But now since they have Rush, they'll probably say they have the player they want.:D

Rush is good for what he does, he's a good shooter, but he's not good at creating his own shot. But he is a lot more refined then Qyntel, but Woods is a dynamic player who most likely will be making his impact felt next season (after this upcoming one).

But with George getting resigned in LA, and Portland having Wells, and Anderson ahead of Woods, both these guys have some waiting to do. Especially Rush, since George's resigning is going to call for more minutes then he got last season, so look for him to be pushing Rick Fox for a starting spot.

-Tim
Bonzi Wells is a FA, and the Blazers might not re-sign him

·
Registered
169 Posts
Originally posted by IMX
Kareem Rush is the better of the two right now but if Qyntel Woods reaches his potential he would kill Kareem.
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
This is one of those questions thats really hard to answer. While they share the same position, they both have extremely different games. Woods is the kind of player that takes the ball to the basket aggresively, while Rush is the type of player who would rather pull up and shoot. IMO, I like Wood's style of play better, but Rush can do both, he just seems to prefer not to. Both players have been caught napping on defense, and they both need alot of work. Right now I'd go with Rush, in the future Woods will show up.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Kareem Rush has the same kind of game as a Reggie Miller or Alan houston. He doesn't really create his own shot he just comes off of screens and pulls open jumpers.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
How many of you have actually SEEN Rush play?

Very few I assume. I saw basically all their games last season, and he does not just pull up for jumpers. He can drive as well, but he doesn't as often. As he gets better he should improve that part of his game.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Kareem Rush plays at the same speed as my 75 year old Grandpa...Man you will have to tell Shaq to pick him up on the way down so he can get there QUICKER.

No doubt that when he gets there he can shoot, but KAREEM wake up and get down the court ALREADY!!!!

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Um...

no

·
Registered
46 Posts
UMMMMMM...Cat got your Tongue Mo Tigs...Give me something more than.

UMMMM...No

Have you been kicking it with Kareem Rush???

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
It's obvious you didn't see many mizzou games in the past three years

Slow? He wasn't beating people up the court but that isn't his game, or MU's style of play. Plus he didn't have very good pointguards in his three years. In his freshman year he had Dooling, who wasn't that good of a point but had potential and then entered the draft after his sophomore year. Then he had Grawer, who wasn't very big or very fast but did things right and was a leader. Grawer's now an assistant for the Tigers. Then last year he had Gilbert and Stokes, one not a pointguard and one not a very good one. Gilbert shot too much and Stokes had no confidence at all last year after the first 10 or so games. If they had a fast pointguard who could get up the floor and start the break he would've shown that he's faster.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Come on Mo Tiggs...You are FRIEKIN KILLING ME...Aren't you from Missouri?? Or do you really just like Ricky Paulding??

Answer me 1 question?? How the HELL do you score about 80-90 points a game in college and not RUN!!! Don't tell me that he didn't have anybody around him that ran...The FOOL was surrounded by a bunch of JACKRABBITS!!!!

He is a GOOD Shooter, but don't be sad that he is SLOW!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Its possible, Mizzou had success running the floor on fast breaks, but that wasn't their tempo in the normal game. As for 80-90 points in a game. Thats where Paulding, Rush, Gilbert and the supporting cast came in. They were a very good scoring team.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts