Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a really hard question to answer, because they both play different types of games and they're both different positions. I'm going to have to say that Kobe is better for just a FEW reasons.

1. Kobe is a better free-throw shooter. Shaq is improving, but I still dont trust him late in the game.

2. Kobe is clutch. Shaq is also a clutch player but I would rather have Kobe with the ball at the end of the game because of his ability to create for himself.

3. Although Shaq is very dominating, Kobe has an awesome jumper. I think that if Shaq would get a medium range shot, he would be unstoppable, (although he practically is!)

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
It indeed is a tough question to answer because of the reasons you mentioned. Better question is who would you build your team around. In 2002 I would pick Kobe because of their ages. But if I had to pick Shaq of 3 years ago Vs Kobe at any age then I'd pick Shaq of course because no one has answer for him.

·
Registered
388 Posts
How can you ask yourself this rubbish? :laugh:

Kobe Bryant is not double teamed like Shaq, many times when Kobe is trying to be Mr. Clutch the man himself Shaq Diesel has to bail him out, or maybe sometimes that's Horry's job!

Shaq is by far the best player in the league, don't fool yourself. Kobe isn't even top 5 untill he can consistently take his team to the playoffs, and also be double teamed.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
Shaq completely dominates at his position, while getting doubled or tripled on almost every possession. Kobe does not.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
Shaq hands down RIGHT NOW. Nobody can stop him.

He is one of the few unstopable players in the 90's and currently.

Other:

The Dream in his prime and His Airness

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
I agree..Shaq is the better player RIGHT NOW

·
BBB.net Archivist
26,901 Posts
Originally posted by Patrick
How can you ask yourself this rubbish? :laugh:

Kobe Bryant is not double teamed like Shaq, many times when Kobe is trying to be Mr. Clutch the man himself Shaq Diesel has to bail him out, or maybe sometimes that's Horry's job!

Shaq is by far the best player in the league, don't fool yourself. Kobe isn't even top 5 untill he can consistently take his team to the playoffs, and also be double teamed.
That's a bit mis-leading. Post players are more likely to be double-teamed than perimeter players, regardless of talent level.

However Kobe and the rest of the NBA aren't close to Shaq's level now. I think you could put Shaq on any team and he can take them to the playoffs. I have a hard time seeing Kobe take say the Nuggets to the postseason.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Kobe's my favorite player but I'd definitely have to say that Shaq's the better player right now. He's just so completely dominating. I think Kobe is the best at his position though.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
But Shaq is so dominating becuase he shoots 1 foot layups all day. anyone that has the position he has can score a ton

·
Registered
64 Posts
definitley kobe. shaq's two talents are being tall and shooting free throws in the wierdest way i have ever scene. but i have to give him one thing, he is good at being tall

1 - 12 of 12 Posts