Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Home where I wanted to go
9,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think everyone is getting sick and tired of all these threads about Kobe vs Tmc and Pierce vs Carter. So here are some new ones. Francis (healthy) vs. Davis and Webber vs. Nowitzski. I think Francis and Davis are about equal. Francis is slightly better as a shooter and Davis is Kidd-like in his ability to rack up pts, assists, and rebs. With CWebb and Nowitzski neither guys is a real great defender but both are awesome on O. CWebb has the ability to abuse you in the post while Nowitzski can shoot with any guard. Both handle the ball real well but CWebb is the better passer right now. Dirk is an up and comer but I like CWebb's aggressiveness more.

·
Registered
123 Posts
and one more comparison, who would you pick?

I am truly sick of all these Kobe and Tmac comparisons.Really sick of them all. with that said, who would you pick between these two guys, players that I most relate to in terms of overall game and ability: Moochie Norris or Troy Hudson.

I don't play organized ball. I'm more of the weekend warrior who just loves to play the game and watch it. And among all the players in the NBA, these are the two that I would say that have the most similar game to mine, Hudson with the reckless drives to the basket and Moochie with the DC crossovers (although I'm not from DC)

Troy's a better finisher around the basket while Moochie's a better long range shooter, IMO. Troy's a better scorer (2nd leading scorer for the Magic during the playoffs) while Moochie's the better distributor. In my opinion, I would pick Moochie 'coz he's made his share of last-second buzzer beaters, all the while stylin' with that huge 'fro of his.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
I would pick Francis because i think he is a better court leader than Davis(but imkind of biased on this one since i live in houston) Francis leads the team in points, rebounds, assists, steals etc. He is a totally great all around player.

I would pick Dirk because he is so versatile. He can play SF, PF, and C. Webber can only play PF. Dirk can also score at will and is a go to player in the clutch for his team. Bibby is the go to player for his team which you noticed in the NBA Finals. Thet are both good rebounders but Webber is a better defender.

So my picks are Francis and Novitski

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
I would take Francis and Nowitzki. Francis and Baron are about equal, except Francis can rebound a little better....

Dirk and Cwebb can both shoot the outside shot, but Dirk has better handles, etc.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts