Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
"Nothing is wrong," Curry said. "I'm just not able to play how I want to play right now, for whatever reason. It's part of the game. You don't always have good nights. You don't always have good months. I'm in a jam right now and not playing the way I want to play."

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/sports_story.asp?intid=37996105

Are we being preached to by a 21 year old kid? In terms of his heartless, passive, marshmallow-soft performances is he telling the fans of Chicago to deal with it?

Curry admitted he's not having fun, although he didn't elaborate. But he did comment on the booing that started in the first quarter.

"I don't let that bother me, because I know those aren't the true fans who boo like that,'' said Curry, who played just 17 minutes, scoring two points on 1-of-9 shooting.

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls/cst-spt-bull101.html

Is he serious? The Bulls entered action Friday ranked third in the NBA in home attendance with an average of 19,350. They drew 19,491 last night. The Bulls began the game with the 4th worst record in the league at 11-24. Somebody tell this mental midget that with a record like that, every sad soul in that building last night deserves to be treated like a die-hard fan. Maybe this idiot would prefer to play ball in a place like Atlanta where nearly all the Hawks fans come to game after game disguised as seats.

So Curry's not having fun. But I'll bet he's had a ball spending his paychecks the last three seasons. IMHO its time to unload this loser. Let him "blossom," if that's even possible, somewhere else.

The only thing he's proven this season is that both Floyd and Cartwright were justified in keeping his big, broad butt on the bench for extended periods during their tenures. Krause may know talent, but he must have left his ruler home when it came to measuring Curry's heart.

Within the next couple of weeks, Tyson Chandler is expected to take the court again. That will give the Bulls brass approximately four weeks to evaluate his overall physical condition before the trade deadline. If Chandler looks physically sound then it may be time to ship the 6'11", 300 pound star of the Rucker summer league elsewhere. I guarrantee you there will be a fair number of chumps...er...contenders ready willing and able to take a chance on this 21 year old tub of goo.

Paxson needs to finish what he started and that's to clean house of all the refuse Krause polluted this roster with during his so-called rebuilding program. He'll either unload the rest of the overpaid, underachieving appendages by 2/19 or certainly no later than draft day this summer.

As far as I'm concerned (and I think I speak for the majority of the Bulls "true" fan base) the sooner he removes this stench from the UC the better.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!
"Nothing is wrong," Curry said. "I'm just not able to play how I want to play right now, for whatever reason. It's part of the game. You don't always have good nights. You don't always have good months. I'm in a jam right now and not playing the way I want to play."

Are we being preached to by a 21 year old kid? In terms of his heartless, passive, marshmallow-soft performances is he telling the fans of Chicago to deal with it?

Curry admitted he's not having fun, although he didn't elaborate. But he did comment on the booing that started in the first quarter.

"I don't let that bother me, because I know those aren't the true fans who boo like that,'' said Curry, who played just 17 minutes, scoring two points on 1-of-9 shooting.

Is he serious? The Bulls entered action Friday ranked third in the NBA in home attendance with an average of 19,350. They drew 19,491 last night. The Bulls began the game with the 4th worst record in the league at 11-24. Somebody tell this mental midget that with a record like that, every sad soul in that building last night deserves to be treated like a die-hard fan. Maybe this idiot would prefer to play ball in a place like Atlanta where nearly all the Hawks fans come to game after game disguised as seats.

So Curry's not having fun. But I'll bet he's had a ball spending his paychecks the last three seasons. IMHO its time to unload this loser. Let him "blossom," if that's even possible, somewhere else.

The only thing he's proven this season is that both Floyd and Cartwright were justified in keeping his big, broad butt on the bench for extended periods during their tenures. Krause may know talent, but he must have left his ruler home when it came to measuring Curry's heart.

Within the next couple of weeks, Tyson Chandler is expected to take the court again. That will give the Bulls brass approximately four weeks to evaluate his overall physical condition before the trade deadline. If Chandler looks physically sound then it may be time to ship the 6'11", 300 pound star of the Rucker summer league elsewhere. I guarrantee you there will be a fair number of chumps...er...contenders ready willing and able to take a chance on this 21 year old tub of goo.

Paxson needs to finish what he started and that's to clean house of all the refuse Krause polluted this roster with during his so-called rebuilding program. He'll either unload the rest of the overpaid, underachieving appendages by 2/19 or certainly no later than draft day this summer.

As far as I'm concerned (and I think I speak for the majority of the Bulls "true" fan base) the sooner he removes this stench from the UC the better.
I belong to your majority C Blizzy!

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
C Blizzy,

I think anyone that has watched the Bulls play this season has to be disappointed in Eddy's play. For someone who was nick named Baby Shaq he sure plays alot like Leon Smith.

Eddy doesn't bring it night in night out and now he says all players don't always have good games or months, months?

I am at a point where I am disgusted with everything. The last 5 years have been brutal but I am still a fan but I am tired of seeing the foundation continue to show potential but little actual talent. For Cry I I, Ronald Dupree brings more pleasure to me than the 3 C's.

I am starting to wonder if the EYE we are waiting to blink belongs to Sauron

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
I would say set him down, but he was sat down with his injury he had earlier last month. Didn't do any good.

I posted in another thread that Eddy did deserve the booing last night. And to call the fans at the UC not true fans shows he doesn't get it.

·
Registered
6,733 Posts
The comments disturb me greatly. He got his butt kicked by journeymen last night. He needs to own up to it.

If we could get a Jason Richardson-type of swing player, I would be fine with a deal.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I have been a big Curry supporter, and reluctantly remain one. That is to say, there is no way I give up on this kid and trade him. No matter how you look at him, he is still a valuable commodity and one of our only hopes of being a contender in the future. You win in this league by having guys who change the dynamic of the game... guys who make the other team play your game. And if Curry gets it together, he will bring us just that.

That being said, I was absolutely disgusted with his effort last night. Forget his poor offensive performance, sometimes those nights will happen. He just flat out didn't care and didn't try in other aspects of the game. He was lazy. There's no other way to put it. Too many shots went up on the offensive end, and rather than battle a guy for position, or even make a movement toward the rim to make a play at the ball, he just relaxed and watched HOPING the ball would drop through. When it didn't he just conceded the rebound and started awful, because you can tell that he curbs his effort at one end just so he can make it back to the other end of the court. God forbid he mixes it up for an offensive board, gets beat out for it, and then has to really hustle to get back rather than jog.

·
Registered
71 Posts
now ive been a huge supporter and fan of Eddy, as u can tell by the name, and i may not have shown it on this website but i was. But i realize that he is playing like garbage, with no heart or "guts" and would at least really try to see what we can get for him.

oh yeah can anyone help me with a name change?

·
Turned Thabo Fanatic
751 Posts
I'm willing to put up with Curry for a while longer to see if he can get it. He's coming back from an injury, one in which limited his ability to work out. He's obviously not in the best condition. I'm still optimistic that the coaching staff will work with him to get his body, mindset and understanding in order over time. If/when he does get it all together, he'll be a special player. It's worth the risk and the wait in my opinion. In the meantime, AD & Blount are servicable options for when Curry can't play up to snuff.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
One of the only good things for the Bulls about Curry's off and on play is that unless he magically sees the light next year, there is NO WAY he will ever get his max contract from us, or anything close to it. I might feel less irritated about his general lack of progress if he doesn't wreck our finances in the future.

·
Registered
30,287 Posts
If we could package him Crawford and Fizer up for one of these players id bite

Tim Duncan
Kevin Garnett

;)

Now getting down to earth

T-Mac
J-Kidd possibly
Peja
Marion
Pierce
Brand+Jaric

·
Registered
226 Posts
I think Eddy absolutely deserved to be booed. I'm a staunch fan and supporter, but performances like that deserve the reaction.

At the same time, I hate to admit this, but Eddy Curry is still the best chance of a championship. He played well before, he can play better than he did last spring, and I'm not in favor of letting him turn into the league's next most dominant player on another team.

If I'm Pax, I have Skiles continue to ride his behind into shape, work out all summer, let him shop around the league for offers, match them, and go from there.

At the same time, if the best player available in the draft is a 5, I'd take him.

·
Administrator
58,359 Posts
Originally posted by <b>EddyCurry4MVP</b>!
now ive been a huge supporter and fan of Eddy, as u can tell by the name, and i may not have shown it on this website but i was. But i realize that he is playing like garbage, with no heart or "guts" and would at least really try to see what we can get for him.

oh yeah can anyone help me with a name change?
You really want a name change, pm me.

·
Banned
780 Posts
you guys still dont get it do ya?how can you Agree that a guy plays with no heart,no guts,is a fat lazy POS but then turn around and say

"I'm not in favor of letting him turn into the league's next most dominant player on another team"

HTF is he going to do that with no heart?BBall is just like life you get what you put in,do you think KG,Shaq,Kobe,Tmac,Duncan got to where they are by just saying im IM HERE?HELL no they had to work their ***'s off Game in game out,yr in yr out, and thats where heart comes in and thats not something that you can pick up over night(most likey if you dont have it you never will)

if a guy is playing with no heart,allows himself to become fat and lazy its a safe bet he will do nothing extra to make himself and his game better.do you think shaq bringing down that rim made him into what he is today or what about jordans FT line dunk? no it was the work they did in the offseason that made them what they are today look at shaqs arms now good lord they are 5times larger then his 1st yr.

u have to look at it from EC's eyes,the guy came stright out of his mommy tittys into the nba makin 3-4mill a yr and only had to play what 3mins a game,he never had to work for a dam thing so why should he work?..did you even stop to think the only reseason he was any good at High school ball is maybe he was bigger then anyone else?

but your right about one thing he could become the league's next most dominant player but it will only happen AFTER he's traded and gets it thur his head no team wants a guy that doesnt care and if no team wants him he's out of a job...

you can see it very cleary now(i saw it after his 1st yr) no heart=not wanting it=loser

TRADE HIM NOW WHILE HE CAN BE TRADED wait and everyone will see the real EC and woundnt take him if we gave him away..

·
Is not afraid of shadows!
5,094 Posts
Originally posted by <b>C Blizzy</b>!

I'm willing to give Eddy the benefit of the doubt on these quotes. I don't think that "for whatever reason" is code for "Skiles". I really think Eddy is in a funk which he needs to work through. He's as frustrated as everyone else, and trying to overcome it, but is having difficulty.

A quote from the second article which bothers me more is:

''I can just worry about stuff I can control, play to the best of my abilities and try to help my teammates,'' Crawford said. "[Skiles] wants me to be a better help defender, so I've got to watch tape and try to get to the right spots.''
Why doesn't [Crawford] want himself to be a better help defender? Someone said on another thread, and it is so true, that the problem with Crawford is that Skiles is his biggest critic. Crawford should be his own worst critic.

Another thing this quote imparts is that Skiles has been very clear in communicating with Crawdaddy. Jamal knows what Skiles wants, he's just got to make it happen.

·
Registered
932 Posts
You can't teach heart, some players have it some don't. Curry belongs to the latter. I don't see as many Bulls games as most of the posters on this board (mostly due to the fact I live in the Great North) but when I've seen Curry out on the court he looks downright lost and just not interested. It's frustarting just looking at him sometimes.

I wonder if he'll ever become the center we thought he would be, even if he does get traded somewhere else.

·
Administrator 12/02--7/07
36,839 Posts
Part of me hopes that some of this BS coming from Crawford and Curry is simply an inability to effectively deal with the press.

However, the lack of production betrays that excuse.

I hear from both Eddy and Jamal "I don't know whay I'm being punished." "It doesn't bother me." and the insincere "I'm willing to do whatever coach says" followed by performance that demonstrates just the opposite.

These two kids are best of friends and I fear that the team cancer was not Jalen after all (not that I ever actually bought into that line of thinking), but the real cancer was these two immature, underperforming spoiled teens feeding off of each others' egos. Somehow, I feel that although Tyson is also young and immature, Mr. Chandler does not feed off of this same cycle. But the damage to the team is done, nonetheless.

JCraw and Eddy both have huge potential with their talent, but I think this team of youngsters as a whole has a serious case of arrested development. Not Kirk and not Tyson, but their relative maturity can't overcome the maturity failings of the above mentioned 2 C's, plus relatively immature vets like JYD and even, I hate to say it, Pip.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>TomBoerwinkle#1</b>!

I hear from both Eddy and Jamal "I don't know whay I'm being punished." "It doesn't bother me." and the insincere "I'm willing to do whatever coach says" followed by performance that demonstrates just the opposite.

These two kids are best of friends and I fear that the team cancer was not Jalen after all (not that I ever actually bought into that line of thinking), but the real cancer was these two immature, underperforming spoiled teens feeding off of each others' egos. Somehow, I feel that although Tyson is also young and immature, Mr. Chandler does not feed off of this same cycle. But the damage to the team is done, nonetheless.
Could not agree more

The real problem is they have no sense of what it is to really earn and value what you fought for to achieve

Too busy living a life of unearned celebrity .. sucking each other off in their fantasy life which has corrupted their basketball

They are just not focused and are not serious or legit pros

The best thing we could do is split them up for both their sakes

No more BS Jon and Ponch good guy buddy cop stories - pick which one you want to keep and deal the other

That's easy . Keep Eddy and deal Jamal for some maturity

Yes Tyson and Kirk have to mature .. but at least they have shown they are serious about being pro ballers

My biggest knock on Jamal ever since we drafted him is that he just hasn't got the head to be a legit pro ( IE someone that does it night in and night out )

·
Registered
892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"The other night [against Phoenix], it was 31-31 and we were getting booed," coach Scott Skiles said. "I think there's a history, the obvious years of losing here have had an effect. They're quicker with the trigger, I guess. But I certainly understand that.

"And what could be better than to be [third] in the league in attendance and have an 11-25 record? I'm not trying to hype that up too much. But that's an undeniable fact of great fan support right there.

"We should appreciate that more than anything else. Because of that, [fans] have the right to voice their displeasure if they don't like the product."

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune...sbrite,1,1008652.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Did someone happen to tell Curry? God knows he'd never be able to figure this out for himself!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts