Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Money goes on these 5. Lets hear your 5.

Jason Richardson
Kenyon Martin
Jamal Crawford
Ron Artest
Richard Jefferson

THoughts? Ideas?

the pimp:wbanana:

·
Registered
7,076 Posts
Originally posted by <b>the_disco_pimp</b>!
My Money goes on these 5. Lets hear your 5.

Jason Richardson
Kenyon Martin
Jamal Crawford
Ron Artest
Richard Jefferson

THoughts? Ideas?

the pimp:wbanana:

1. Richard Jefferson - will emerge as a top defender and scorer this season, totally agree DP
2. Darius Miles - contrary to what people believe, he has been working on his game (esp. outside shot) alot this offseason; could average 18-20 ppg easy w/ Cleveland
3. Pau Gasol - 24/10/4 all year baby
4. Andre Kirilenko - already a very good defender, will become second option in Utah
5. Rip Hamilton/Tayshaun Prince - a great 1-2 forward combo for Detroit; Tayshaun will both surprise and impress

VD

·
Banned
58,028 Posts
What about guys like Swift, Bender or Griffen?

-Petey

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Rip's not going to play forward, but I definitely would not be surprised to build on last year in terms of points and shooting percentage.

I think Kirilenko is going to have a good year as well.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Darius Miles - just waiting for a starting job. Being on a team w/o play-off expectations will give him more freedom and less pressure

Quentin Richardson - hopefully if he gets the starting job over Pike he will bust out this year. This guy, aside from being a deadly 3 point shooter, does all the little things. Grabs huge offensive rebounds in the paint, gets put-backs and can pass a lob to anyone. He's like if Hoiberg were athletic and a better shooter.

Andre Kirlenko

Joe(?) Johnson/Jake Tsakalides - Suns - That whole team seems like it may bust out this year. No one is even thinking about them in the WC and they have some legit talent. I wish Van Gundy coached these guys.

Brendan Haywood - Being a center in the east he should be able to break out. His 4 years in college have helped.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I agree with a lot of names already mentioned. Here are my picks along with predicted stats (p/r/a):

D. Miles - 17/7/2
R. Jefferson - 14/5/3
E. Curry - 13/6/1
A. Kirilenko - 16/8/2
T. Parker - 13/3/8
J. Richardson - 21/5/3
S. Battier - 17/7/3
R. Lewis - 20/7/3
J. Bender - 13/6/2
G. Arenas - 13/3/3
R. Davis - 15/5/2
E. Griffin - 13/6/1

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
rafer alston should emerge as a legit NBA point guard this year
for the warriors- 9ppg 5apg in 24mpg

bender wont get the playing time, so im not sure about him just yet until two of their forwards are traded

michael olowakandi, this guy is going to be playing for a max contract this year, either from the clippers, spurs, nuggets etc... there will be quite a few teams with enough cap to sign him to the max, i expect him to put up star numbers this year and then regress to his usual self after he gets locked up long-term-16ppg 10rpg 2bpg 45%FG in 35mpg

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
1. Al Harrington

2. VladRad

3. Marcus Fizer

4. Jason Collins

5 Sam Dalembert

Honourable mention to Rick Brunson

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Richard Jefferson
Jamal Crawford
Eddie Robinson
Eddy Curry
Rip Hamilton
Eddie Griffith
Jason Richardson
Joe Johnson
Amare Stoudemire
Ricky Davis
Vin Baker (yeah, that Vin Baker.)

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Courtney and Rip definitely have a leg up over all the competition. They were traded from the Wizards. History shows that they will be All-Stars in the near future.

·
Registered
642 Posts
My Picks,,,

1. Richard Jefferson/Keyon Martin-- With more experience, and added responsibility, this duo should both see their stats increase.

2. Darius Miles-- Will get LOADS of playing time for the Cavs and should be one of the focal points.

3. Pau Gasol-- Added 20lbs and even more moves to an already excellent post game. At 7'1 and oozing skills and athleticism, how will he not be one of the leagues top players next year.

4. Jason Richardson-- The high flying guard will score like crazy next year, but just who is going to play defense next year?

5. Kandi-Man--- This guy just gets better every year, and with the added incentive of free agency, he should tear it up.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
My 5 to have a Break-Out Season

1) Pau Gasol
2) Jamaal Magloire
3) Rashard Lewis
4) Desmond Mason
5) Darius Miles

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BCH</b>!
Courtney and Rip definitely have a leg up over all the competition. They were traded from the Wizards. History shows that they will be All-Stars in the near future.
LOL

I assume you are referring to CWebb and Sheed

Anyone else I am missing ?

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Potatoe</b>!

5. Kandi-Man--- This guy just gets better every year, and with the added incentive of free agency, he should tear it up.
Are we talking about the same Kandi Man ?

The only thing he will be tearing up is Donald Sterling's offer sheet come the end of the season

And John Gabriel or Pat Riley will wish he did the same to theirs in a couple of seasons

·
Registered
642 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

Are we talking about the same Kandi Man ?

The only thing he will be tearing up is Donald Sterling's offer sheet come the end of the season

And John Gabriel or Pat Riley will wish he did the same to theirs in a couple of seasons

In todays day and age a center getting 15 and 10 is "tearing it up",,,

Sad as it may be "The Kandi Man" might be the second best true center in the league next season.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Potatoe</b>!

In todays day and age a center getting 15 and 10 is "tearing it up",,,

Sad as it may be "The Kandi Man" might be the second best true center in the league next season.
lordy how we miss those legit centers...

we didn't know how good we had it when:

Olajuwon
Ewing
D. Robinson

we're all in their prime,

O'Neal
Mourning

we're stepping up to the plate

some of us even thought Ghorge Muresean was a legit center (or maybe could be...)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Originally posted by <b>FJ_of _Rockaway</b>!

LOL

I assume you are referring to CWebb and Sheed

Anyone else I am missing ?
Ben Wallace, and to a lesser extent Jeff McIness.

·
Premium Member
6,118 Posts
Originally posted by <b>local_sportsfan</b>!

Ben Wallace, and to a lesser extent Jeff McIness.
Yup.

CWebb, Ben Wallace, and Rasheed Wallace.

That is pain a Bulls fan will never experience.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts