Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Im going to go with the obvious the Kings. No question in my mind that if LA played the Kings in the playoffs next year, the kings would take it. (provided both teams have the same lineups)

Kings should of won it this year if it was not for the refs. EVERYONE KNOWS THAT EVEN YOU LAKER FANS.

The Lakers are showing they are not un-beatable unlike the previous 2 years. I cant wait until the Kings knock them off next year or the nets this year. On second thought I will just wait for the Kings.

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Originally posted by jvanbusk
One of my biggest pet peaves is when people place blame on the officials. If the Kings were clearly better than the Lakers, then they would not have been in the position of letting the officials decide it. They weren't. Both teams must have been pretty equal since it went to overtime of the 7th game. An overtime in which the Lakers were 10x better than the Kings...on the Kings homecourt. The Kings had their chance to win it, the Lakers were just the better team, it wasn't the officials fault.
To say the officials did not stack the odds against the Kings is a under-statement. People who think the Lakers won fair and sqaure are either very biased LA fans or they have gone bananas.

The kings were the better team no question. The players did not decide the outcome of the game the Refs did. Im not even a Kings fan but anyone who does not see how the Kings were robbed is nuts. How could the Kings put themselve into the position to win when the Lakers received 27 foul shots in the 4th quarter alone.

When Pollard did not even touch Shaq and got fouled out, Then Divac's 5th foul did not touch Shaq (watch the tape), elbow to the face no-call, 20 fouls on the Kings big men and 3 on Shaq in game 6, I can go on forever. I know you know everyone knows that this game was either pre-determined by the NBA or the refs just wanted LA to win.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.