Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
One of my biggest pet peaves is when people place blame on the officials. If the Kings were clearly better than the Lakers, then they would not have been in the position of letting the officials decide it. They weren't. Both teams must have been pretty equal since it went to overtime of the 7th game. An overtime in which the Lakers were 10x better than the Kings...on the Kings homecourt. The Kings had their chance to win it, the Lakers were just the better team, it wasn't the officials fault.

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
You really think that the officials were out to make the Kings lose? Come on....

"How could the Kings put themselve into the position to win when the Lakers received 27 foul shots in the 4th quarter alone."

Maybe if they didn't committ the fouls to put the Lakers at the line. The better question is, how can a team get totally blown out of the overtime period in the most important game of the year playing on their home court?

I have NEVER been a fan of the Lakers. I really don't care for the Lakers. In fact, I wanted to see the Kings win. But, when they just didn't get the job done. Next year, maybe they will.

I can understand saying the refs were a reason the Kings lost one day after the games ended, but it's been a week or so now. Time enough to look back on the games and say, "You know what...if we played to our fullest capacities...if Peja was 100%...if Bibby wasn't the only one not afraid to take a shot...

AND NOT...

"Those darned refs, I can't believe they blew it for us....The NBA wanted the Lakers to win...The officials cheated..."

·
Hokeamaniac
5,775 Posts
Unfortunately this is not a perfect world. Humans make errors. The refs are humans. They will make blunders every once and awhile. They are not going to make the best call 100% of the time. But, to say the refs were out to purposely get the Lakers in the finals is whats 'ludicrous'. The superior team will be able to overcome officiating if it's not in their favor. The Kings didn't, hence, they were not the superior team. The Lakers were the better team for that series.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.