Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have 11 now and we are required to sign a 12th player within, I think, 9 days. Who & what position?

I would think we need a PG. Currently, we have no NBA caliber PG.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BLAZER PROPHET</b>!
We have 11 now and we are required to sign a 12th player Who & what position?
ME...:D

I am a 5'5 Point Guard and i am a 75% shooter..75% of my shots don't go in...:laugh:

On a serious note..i too think we need a point guard and what do you think of MATEEN CLEAVES of the NBDL..the last 2 games he played he has score over 20 points in both games 23 and 29

i think we need a player who has some NBA exp though

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
How about Kareem Reid? So far he's averaging 11.8 PPG, 7.0 APG, & 2.7 RPG on 45% shooting in 31 minutes a game for the Asheville Altitude.

Or how about Ryan Robertson. He's a 6'5 PG who use to play for the Kings. Here's his current stats while playing of the Eiffel Towers.

Here are a couple of quick write ups on Robertson from EuroBasket.com

Best play-maker: Ryan Robertson
Robertson is the engine for the defending champion Eiffel Towers, with impressive numbers (16.4 ppg., 3.1 rpg., 6.6 apg., 2.2 spg., 56.5%, 39.7% 3FG), and performs well in the clutch. Robertson is not flashy by any means, but is a solid, heady player that gets the job done. He is Eiffel Towers’ most important player and key to their championship aspirations.
Best clutch shooter: Robertson
Robertson is a pressure performer, witnessed by a season-high 37 points in an earlier regular overtime win over MPC Capitals, including an off-balanced three-pointer in the winding seconds to send the game into overtime.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, Tim Hardaway is also out of the league this year. I imagine he's still got a bit of go left.

Dan

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, anybody would be better than Damon so fas as I'm concerned. I used to support him a lot, but now I think his game is very ill-suited for this team.

·
Registered
285 Posts
If Ed Cota ever develop a consistent outside shot, he would make a good back up pg, or even starter material in the NBA. He was a good penetrator and a great assist man at Carolina. Still young, too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>dkap</b>!
If I'm not mistaken, Tim Hardaway is also out of the league this year. I imagine he's still got a bit of go left.

Dan
He used to be an analyst for ESPN before they replaced him with Greg Anthony. I don't know if another network has picked him up. If he's not playing, I can't imagine he would be in good enough shape to make a comeback midway in the season.

·
Registered
16,001 Posts
It seems possible that the team will make a 1-for-2 trade to get up to 12 by the required date.

February 3, which is when Person is eligible to be traded, is within that time frame. Could just be coincidence...

Ed O.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>BLAZER PROPHET</b>!
Well, anybody would be better than Damon so fas as I'm concerned. I used to support him a lot, but now I think his game is very ill-suited for this team.
I think Stoudamire's game is ill-suited for any team that list winning as their top goal.

·
Registered
9,192 Posts
Originally posted by <b>D-Up</b>!
He used to be an analyst for ESPN before they replaced him with Greg Anthony. I don't know if another network has picked him up. If he's not playing, I can't imagine he would be in good enough shape to make a comeback midway in the season.
He was an analyst for ESPN until he decided to make a comeback with the Pacers.

I don't think he's playing this season though.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Ed O</b>!
It seems possible that the team will make a 1-for-2 trade to get up to 12 by the required date.

February 3, which is when Person is eligible to be traded, is within that time frame. Could just be coincidence...

Ed O.
Strange that it wasn't longer ago Portland would rather send out more players than they would take in in a trade.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by <b>HearToTemptYou</b>!

He was an analyst for ESPN until he decided to make a comeback with the Pacers.

I don't think he's playing this season though.
I had thought that he was so bad that ESPN canned him. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
14,348 Posts
Originally posted by <b>D-Up</b>!
If Ed Cota ever develop a consistent outside shot, he would make a good back up pg, or even starter material in the NBA. He was a good penetrator and a great assist man at Carolina. Still young, too.
Cota is doing great playing for Zalgiris. Here are his EuroLeague stats. He's even shooting 52% from 3 but doesn't take them that often.

·
Registered
11,878 Posts
I bet Billy Ray Bates still thinks he has hops

Byron Scott? LOL

1 - 16 of 16 Posts