Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the next best team other than Detroit,Miami,and Indiana in the east? And why?

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I personally think the nets are better than the Pacers, they face each other tommorrow
Lets see what happens

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
In actuality, the 4th seeded team would be be either Indiana or Detroit, reason being they're in the same division. Third seed is up for grabs between Boston, New Jersey, and Philly.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
But the 3rd best team is the Pacers, they may not be a top 3 seed.

But the 4th best team is up for grabs, but New Jersey looks promising.

·
Registered
3,103 Posts
Right now there are four teams that looks like they could be behind the Pistons, Pacers and Heat The Nets, Cavs, and Wizards.

·
Legal Smeagol
30,760 Posts
It's the Nets. The Wizards and Cavs both have a bunch of new talent to incorporate into the game, and Cleveland has choked thus far, not even getting in to the playoffs. The Nets, meanwhile, have strengthened their bench, added Marc Jackson in particular, and have their all star trio together for the first time. With those three and Krstic, they will be far more dangerous than they were last year, when they limped into the playoffs without one player really there (Jefferson), Carter still learning the offense, and Krstic with a damaged right thumb. They're improving, and will be devastating if/when their pieces mesh. That's not to say the Cleveland and/or Washington can't incorporate their own new pieces, but they don't have an overall punch like the Nets do.

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
Since I feel the New Jersey Nets are going to take the Atlantic Division in a close run from the Boston Celtics. The 4th seed most likely will be either the Washington Wizards, Cleveland Cavaliers or Milwaukee Bucks (if they continue winning).

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Krstic All Star said:
It's the Nets. The Wizards and Cavs both have a bunch of new talent to incorporate into the game, and Cleveland has choked thus far, not even getting in to the playoffs. The Nets, meanwhile, have strengthened their bench, added Marc Jackson in particular, and have their all star trio together for the first time. With those three and Krstic, they will be far more dangerous than they were last year, when they limped into the playoffs without one player really there (Jefferson), Carter still learning the offense, and Krstic with a damaged right thumb. They're improving, and will be devastating if/when their pieces mesh. That's not to say the Cleveland and/or Washington can't incorporate their own new pieces, but they don't have an overall punch like the Nets do.
Being a Cavaliers fan I admit my bias, maybe you should as well. If you really believe that the Cavaliers don't have an offensive punch, I think you will be terribly surprised when you see them play.

·
Burned
18,772 Posts
Probably the Nets, but I think the Cavs will get better as the season goes along.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Could be the pistons the way the Bucks look early on. The Bucks look completely sick. The Cavs have a similiar type of team, but the Bucks are coming together much faster.

·
Premium Member
69,618 Posts
futuristxen said:
Could be the pistons the way the Bucks look early on. The Bucks look completely sick. The Cavs have a similiar type of team, but the Bucks are coming together much faster.
The pistons as of now are the best team in the league, and could keep that up for the whole season.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
heats and nets are a lock for as least third and second seed, so pacers and pistons will be fighting for the 4th spot. but going by strength i say nets are behind them

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
With the divisions involved, the top spots in the division get the first 3 seeds. For example, if the New Jersey Nets won the Atlantic Division right. Then they automatically clinch a 1-3 spot in the rankings/playoff bracket. The Cleveland Cavaliers have to compete in probably the hardest division in the NBA, the Central Division. You cannot really judge who it is going to be.

Playoff Predictions
1. Indiana Pacers
2. Miami Heat
3. New Jersey Nets
4. Detroit Pistons

·
Registered
14,070 Posts
predictions bade of before season

seeds
1. Pacers
2. Heat
3. Nets
4. Pistons

Nets are in no way even close to the Pistons though. By the looks of things, Nets will battle for the 4th best record with Cleveland and Mil Bucks, and may not win. They will get a third seed out of default.

so with the stupid rule of seeding the Nets are a top 3 seed, but they will be battling for the 4th best record.

Reactions: Dooch

·
Registered
7,595 Posts
wadeshaqeddie said:
predictions bade of before season

seeds
1. Pacers
2. Heat
3. Nets
4. Pistons

Nets are in no way even close to the Pistons though. By the looks of things, Nets will battle for the 4th best record with Cleveland and Mil Bucks, and may not win. They will get a third seed out of default.

so with the stupid rule of seeding the Nets are a top 3 seed, but they will be battling for the 4th best record.
Oh thats right I have to edit my rankings, the Pistons are definitely going to be the 4th at least. If Miami still had Shaquille O' Neal in good health I would rank them #1. :cheers:

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Right now, I'd say the fourth best team in the East is between Cleveland, Milwaukee and New Jersey.

Way too early to tell.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.