·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your thoughts?

·
Premium Member
17,636 Posts
Eto'o or Ronaldo. To be quite honest I haven't seen too many Real Madrid games this season, but Ronaldo seemed to have been playing quite well until he got injured.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Turkish Delight said:
Eto'o or Ronaldo. To be quite honest I haven't seen too many Real Madrid games this season, but Ronaldo seemed to have been playing quite well until he got injured.
Yeah, and now that he came back...i hope he retain his good form.

Eto'o himself said Ronaldo is better! Some people might say Eto'o is better but playing with players like Ronaldinho and Messi helps alot.

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
But playing with Zidane and Beckham doesn't help? Come on now, that's just biased. Honestly, I think it's Julio Baptista and he doesn't get his deserved playing time because of the reputation of the players he competes with.

Other than that, it's Eto'o.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nimreitz said:
But playing with Zidane and Beckham doesn't help? Come on now, that's just biased. Honestly, I think it's Julio Baptista and he doesn't get his deserved playing time because of the reputation of the players he competes with.

Other than that, it's Eto'o.
have you watched Real Madrid at all this season?

·
The Future is Here
3,563 Posts
Brooklyn said:
Eto not even a contest
Agreed right now its Eto'o without a doubt, no doubt playing with Ronaldinho helps but his finishing is very good. People are too obsessed and living in Ronaldo's former glory.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Play Ronaldo next to Ronaldinho and he'd have 15 goals by now...and even with Madrid current situation he still having good goal ratio, 7 goals in 8 matches with 3 asssits, is that passed it? I'm sure any current striker would love to have those stats. One game after coming back from injurey and not being match fit, doesn't make you worse, I think people look at the Barca game and think he lost it, which is not true at all. Watch the game again closely and see how many Barca players were marking him? Now look at Eto'o and see how many Madrid players were on him???? That's the difference between a good striker like Eto'o and a great striker like Ronaldo. He still is the most dangerous striker in liga and arguably the World...he might not do anything for 80 minutes but in 2 minutes he'll score a goal.

Eto'o himself said Ronaldo still is #1, thats should be enough...

Do you know how many easy chances Eto'o misses? he'll never be the finisher Ronaldo is.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
Eto'o because of Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho makes Eto'o the best striker in La Liga. If Ronaldo even had Messi, he'd be better. But he has crap to feed him. So it's a bit like Michael Owen at Newcastle. Poor service, downgrades a good striker.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
futuristxen said:
Eto'o because of Ronaldinho. Ronaldinho makes Eto'o the best striker in La Liga. If Ronaldo even had Messi, he'd be better. But he has crap to feed him. So it's a bit like Michael Owen at Newcastle. Poor service, downgrades a good striker.
:cheers:
Ronaldinho just makes everyone better(and looks better too), reminds me of a Jason Kidd type of player.

Ronaldo, IMO, doesnt get enough people to feed him, or should i say quality feeding.
Beckham and RvN would be great feeding due to beckham's crosses and RvN's aerial and close range finish.

·
Registered
557 Posts
it gotta be Eto'o

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Eto'o s last shots(finishing) is horrible.A good stiriker must be a good finisher.So the best one is Ronaldo:clap:

·
Registered
17,279 Posts
Did anyone see the goal Eto'o scored last weekend when he dribbled through 3 or 4 players and hit the far post as the keeper cut off seemingly every angle? AMAZING! I don't know if I've seen a better solo run plus goal in my life including Owen vs. Argentina in 1998.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Stats don´t lie: Eto´o has scored 17 goals in 17 games. For me Rolando has no rival when he´s in shape, but is not the case at the moment, so I have to vote for Eto´o. BTW, Ronaldo is injured again, it happened in the first training after Xmas, and won´t play the next round of the Spanish Cup nor maybe next La Liga game.

·
Banned
10,662 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
juangolosinas said:
Stats don´t lie: Eto´o has scored 17 goals in 17 games. For me Rolando has no rival when he´s in shape, but is not the case at the moment, so I have to vote for Eto´o. BTW, Ronaldo is injured again, it happened in the first training after Xmas, and won´t play the next round of the Spanish Cup nor maybe next La Liga game.
Yep, i have to say its Eto'o cuz Ronlado has been battling with injuries throughout the season so far.

but its amazing to think he scored 9 goals in just 11 matches this season!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts