Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We haven't had someone average 20 since Jalen, so who do you think it's going to be?
Hinrich's at 17.8 through 4 games, any chance he gets it up over 20? I'm not counting on it.

Gordon?
Sweetney?

·
Registered
12,080 Posts
I think Deng has a shot just maybe not this season.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
JRose5 said:
We haven't had someone average 20 since Jalen, so who do you think it's going to be?
Hinrich's at 17.8 through 4 games, any chance he gets it up over 20? I'm not counting on it.

Gordon?
Sweetney?
Barring a midseason trade, I think the only player with a realistic shot this season is Kirk. Unless Gordon catches fire early in the season for a string of games and earns the starting spot away from Duhon and averages 35+ mpg.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Rhyder said:
Barring a midseason trade, I think the only player with a realistic shot this season is Kirk. Unless Gordon catches fire early in the season for a string of games and earns the starting spot away from Duhon and averages 35+ mpg.
My vote actually goes to Gordon. He is averaging 15.5 per game right now, and he's playing below the level we know he can play at.

As Gordon's scoring, and hopefully Sweetney's and Deng's scoring, goes up I would expect Hinrich's to level off.

If this core stays together, it wouldn't surprise me if Hinrich never scored 20 ppg for a whole season. He does look damn good to start the season though.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
I'd bet on Gordon. If he can play 35 minutes a game and shoot in the low 40's he'll have a decent chance at it this year.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Ron Cey said:
My vote actually goes to Gordon. He is averaging 15.5 per game right now, and he's playing below the level we know he can play at.

As Gordon's scoring, and hopefully Sweetney's and Deng's scoring, goes up I would expect Hinrich's to level off.

If this core stays together, it wouldn't surprise me if Hinrich never scored 20 ppg for a whole season. He does look damn good to start the season though.
Kirk so far has been doing this year what I've been wishing him to do all last season (and only caught a short glimpse of it after he came back from his injury last year). Taking it to the basket and drawing fouls.

I have no doubt that if Gordon were able to log the minutes that he would have a better shot than Kirk, but the way Skiles is settling on Gordon coming off the bench, I just don't see enough minutes for him to get 20ppg this year, unless he catches early fire and earns a starting spot. Then you would see Kirk's FGA go down and Ben's go up.

It wouldn't surprise me either if Kirk never averages 20ppg for a season either. I just think he has the best shot of doing it this year given my expectations of how many minutes Gordon will play.

·
Premium Member
5,713 Posts
Rhyder said:
Kirk so far has been doing this year what I've been wishing him to do all last season (and only caught a short glimpse of it after he came back from his injury last year). Taking it to the basket and drawing fouls.

I have no doubt that if Gordon were able to log the minutes that he would have a better shot than Kirk, but the way Skiles is settling on Gordon coming off the bench, I just don't see enough minutes for him to get 20ppg this year, unless he catches early fire and earns a starting spot. Then you would see Kirk's FGA go down and Ben's go up.

It wouldn't surprise me either if Kirk never averages 20ppg for a season either. I just think he has the best shot of doing it this year given my expectations of how many minutes Gordon will play.
Kirk would be my #2 vote to accomplish it. It will be interesting to see how things progress. If Sweets and Deng become fearsome threats this year, which is certainly possible if not likely, then we won't see teams focusing so heavily on Hinrich and Gordon. In that case, they could both make a run at 20 ppg.

EDIT: Actually, that might not make a lot of sense. If Sweets and Deng become fearsome threats, it will be because of actual scoring, which leaves less pieces of the pie for Gordon and Hinrich. Me dumb.

·
Anti Monday Morning QB
6,181 Posts
Ron Cey said:
EDIT: Actually, that might not make a lot of sense. If Sweets and Deng become fearsome threats, it will be because of actual scoring, which leaves less pieces of the pie for Gordon and Hinrich. Me dumb.
Actually developing another go to scorer would open things up for Ben. I just don't see Ben not putting up his shots, as that is the strength of having him in there. I would think an emergance of Deng or Sweetney would definately make Kirk's shots go down (FG% go up).

·
Registered
10,189 Posts
There's nobody on this team more capable than Ben Gordon when it comes to scoring. His per-minute scoring last year was pretty amazing for a rookie, and I only expect him to get better. He'll be averaging 20 a game soon enough.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
yodurk said:
There's nobody on this team more capable than Ben Gordon when it comes to scoring. His per-minute scoring last year was pretty amazing for a rookie, and I only expect him to get better. He'll be averaging 20 a game soon enough.
yup.... especially since he has enough attempts to do so... he's not going to shoot at 31% much longer

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
whoever he is, the Bulls will probably trade him, since that's what they seem to to with all their top scorers ............just being facetious

1 - 13 of 13 Posts