Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
Chicago Bulls
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everyone debates who the GOAT is. Who's the most underrated and underappreciated NBA player of all-time? There are a ton of guys to choose from. My answer may surprise you. Check out my pick and top-ten list:

· Registered
5 Posts
Teams are like living things because they grow from infancy to fully-grown adults.. Pippen won 55 games with a fully-grown, three-peat dynasty and isn't capable of growing a team from infancy like elite producers do (aka 85' Jordan, 05' Lebron, 01' Dirk, etc)... Of course the 95' Bulls were borderline lottery before MJ returned, so Pippen destroyed a 3-peat dynasty to trash in less than 18 months.

Furthermore, if the 2015 Heat had prime Wade and Bosh (2011 Wade and Bosh), they would be favorites to win the title, let alone win 55 games.. Unfortunately, the Heat were injured in 2015 (Wade/Bosh missed 40 games) but still nearly made the 2016 ECF just like the 94' Bulls nearly made the ECF - the difference is that Pippen was choking (3.0 on 20% in the 4th quarter of the 94' ECSF - stats here:

while Wade and Curry led the league in clutch points for the 2016 2nd Round (stats here:

Wade was building the Heat back up each year, while Pippen destroyed a 3-peat dynasty in less than 18 months before MJ returned to restore 3-peat caliber.

Lebron needed elite producers at sidekick that had been THAT GUY in their career - he needed sidekicks that could outplay MVP's and FMVP's like Wade outplaying Dirk, or Kyrie and AD destroying Curry and Joker.. Meanwhile, Jordan had to win with a secondary producer like Pippen that couldn't compete on that level and had the worst passing and scoring of any notable 90's sidekick - he had the worst efficiency, spacing, clutch, and lowest peak capability (no game-planning required).

· Registered
7 Posts
i was never thinkin' about such task actually... very difficult question tho. Let me think.... it depends what position is brighter in this point. I am not very familiar with generall skills of each player tho. IMO ... Jason Williams wasn't as much valued as he suppose .... and the authorities of the league couldn't give him as much space on the coart as he could maintain.... nowadays there are lots of talented players i am not familiar with.... Kyrie Irving underrated .... hmmm rather not. He may be more escalated indeed ... but it's team work play.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts