Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

Who is the MVP?

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick who you think should & will win the MVP & weigh in. Try to be the most objective as you can be & not just choose your fave player. I'm Canadian, I love Nash & I know most people pick him to repeat again but I'm going w/ Dirk b/c he doesn't have any other All-Stars on his team & his team has the 1 or 2 best record in the West. For my poll I could have listed every playoff team's best player but that would take too long so I narrowed it down to the more obvious ones. It doesn't mean the players I excluded won't get consideration. It just means they have a very long shot to win. If you have a problem w/ my candidates then please refrain from posting negative remarks. Simply vote Other & post who you think it should be if that player is not on my poll. This year is the yr of the point guards. Nash, Billups, Parker & Wade who can play 1 or 2 guard are all on my poll.

Consider these factors:
- Is he the most valuable to a team? Can his team win w/out him?
- The team's record
- Leadership
- Individual performance this season
- Is he carrying his team?
- Does he make teammates better?
- Does he play effectively on both ends?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SPMJ said:
Please tell me you FORGOT LeBron James.

My pick is still Steve Nash.
Please tell me he's NOT going to win. He'll get some votes of course.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SPMJ said:
You listed down the top candidates, so it would only make sense to include LeBron too. He's at the very least a Top 5 candidate.
I left him off purposely
He's definitely a Top 3 player in this league. If not then top 5 but he's not a top 5 MVP candidate in my mind. There's a difference. Besides I don't think I can edit polls, can I?

·
Registered
8,661 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
I left him off purposely
He's definitely a Top 3 player in this league. If not then top 5 but he's not a top 5 MVP candidate in my mind. There's a difference. Besides I don't think I can edit polls, can I?
But you still got 7 players on the poll. You thought of Parker, Brand and Billups before LeBron? :(
It's not like his team is a below .500 squad that's struggling to make the postseason in a weak EC. Cavs are 10 games above .500, and would easily be one of the 3 worst teams in the league w/o him.

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
Should win: Kobe Bryant (consensus best player in the league and it's not even close). LeBron James, Elton Brand and Dwyane Wade also have a serious argument.

Will win: Dirk Nowitzki or Steve Nash. They lead great teams, and carry the reputation of a superstar. That's usually the criteria for MVP.

·
Premium Member
3,528 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Should win: Kobe Bryant (consensus best player in the league and it's not even close)
Co-sign

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
SPMJ said:
But you still got 7 players on the poll. You thought of Parker, Brand and Billups before LeBron? :(
It's not like his team is a below .500 squad that's struggling to make the postseason in a weak EC. Cavs are 10 games above .500, and would easily be one of the 3 worst teams in the league w/o him.
Mods, can someone add LeBron as an option on the poll so people can get off my back. Thanks.

Reactions: Carbo04

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
Have no idea right now:

I guess my vote goes to Dirk.

·
Premium Member
18,791 Posts
neoxsupreme said:
Mods, can someone add LeBron as an option on the poll so people can get off my back. Thanks.
done

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Should win: Kobe Bryant (consensus best player in the league and it's not even close).
Kobe 34.7 - 5.3 - 4.7 Lakers 36 - 34 (currently 7th but sruggling for play off ) 27.24 effiency points

James 30.2 - 7.2 - 6.7 Cleveland - 39 - 29 ( 4. the in the east ) 29.0 effiency points

You say best and not even close one, you sure about that ?

·
Curse of the Sonics
20,792 Posts
notting_hill said:
You say best and not even close one, you sure about that ?
Yes, because I said consensus best and not even close. Most people believe he is the best player in the league, but the MVP hasn't been given to player on a team with less than 56 wins in 18 years, so it makes more sense to go with a superstar on a great team. Who should win and who will win is completely different nowadays.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Sir Patchwork said:
Yes, because I said consensus best and not even close. Most people believe he is the best player in the league, but the MVP hasn't been given to player on a team with less than 56 wins in 18 years, so it makes more sense to go with a superstar on a great team. Who should win and who will win is completely different nowadays.
I am sorrry , now it is clear. Sorry for misunderstanding. I am not agree on he is the best .. Anyway , there are of course different ideas.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.