Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
118,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, it’s hurtful. It’s hurtful when you say that I didn’t mean to do this. Just look at me coming out of the huddle, down two with two seconds left on the clock. You can see the game plan right on my face, like “Yeah, I’m about to post up at the three-point line, catch it with my back to the basket at a real funny angle, fake like I’m going to pass it to CP3 (nah, son), spin around behind the line with a hop-step and launch the trey before stumbling back into the front row.”

Doc always says it. When the game is on the line, you give the ball to Young Fundamentals.

Did I mean to ricochet the ball off the front of the rim so that it would look like a brick before gently kissing off the top of the backboard and in? You tell me.

So I don’t understand why everybody was so surprised when it went in.

Hurtful, you guys.

For real though, that shot was huge for me personally. Do I like a jam or two? Sure. I do it for the children. But honestly, there’s nothing more satisfying than hitting a jumper. People have been telling me I couldn’t shoot since I came into the league. I remember when I was drafted Skip Bayless even said that I would never amount to anything more than “a poor man’s Dennis Rodman.”

Dang, Skip. I can’t even be a middle class Rodman?

Honestly, they had a point. My first few years in the league, I was relying on my athleticism to get me by, because that’s what got me to the NBA. The problem with that is, you end up getting really, really tired by February. My rookie year I tried to get out of bed on a road trip near the end of the season and I was like, Am I physically able to walk right now? I went out on the floor that night and ran up and down just trying to look like a real NBA human.

So you were correct, haters. You became, as the kids say, my motivators. I needed to work on my mid-range game. You can print that. Editors, can I get a pull quote?
http://www.theplayerstribune.com/why-aint-he-dunkin/

A really good read.

·
51,450 Posts
When I was staring up at the ceiling, my mind kept switching between sinking the shot and something else. Something more painful. Something that happened three years ago in Golden State.

:lol:

·
Administrator
67,765 Posts

fun stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts