Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not saying that Okafor won't declare, but has there been any indication that he will? From what I have heard, he is very intelligent, and would seem likely to want to graduate. (Or is he going to graduate a year early?)

Could someone fill me in?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
If he is intelligent, he will declare. He is project as a Top-3 pick, he is NBA ready and his work ethic will pay dividens right away.

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
It's not just Bulls fans, pretty much everything I read everywhere makes it seem like it's a sure thing. None of this is coming from Okafor himself obviously, but if you read about him and the upcoming draft together enough, then you just sort of assume it.

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Robert23</b>!
He's graduating after 3 years. So it's a sure thing he won't be staying for a 4th year.
Unless he sticks around to complete a year of his MBA. But realistically, that isnt going to happen. Not to knock the University of Connecticut, but this kid is going to graduate from UConn with a 3.9GPA in 3 years in Finance. He probably can pick any B School in the country so going to Connecticut would be counter productive for him when Stanford or Harvard would take him. He wont be staying at UConn. Its a done deal he will be in ths draft

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>rlucas4257</b>!

Unless he sticks around to complete a year of his MBA. But realistically, that isnt going to happen. Not to knock the University of Connecticut, but this kid is going to graduate from UConn with a 3.9GPA in 3 years in Finance. He probably can pick any B School in the country so going to Connecticut would be counter productive for him when Stanford or Harvard would take him. He wont be staying at UConn. Its a done deal he will be in ths draft
who knows,he might go and make more money in Finance,being so smart.

I only hope he comes out if we can get him,and that will not happen after the 1st pick(unless Hawks r 1st and take Howard)

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
who knows,he might go and make more money in Finance,being so smart.

I only hope he comes out if we can get him,and that will not happen after the 1st pick(unless Hawks r 1st and take Howard)
I'm sure he could make a very nice living without basketball, and I respect him a lot for having that option available. But I really doubt he could make more money than he would in the NBA. Especially since he'll probably make the max for nearly 10 years of his NBA career. That would be over 100 million dollars.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

I'm sure he could make a very nice living without basketball, and I respect him a lot for having that option available. But I really doubt he could make more money than he would in the NBA. Especially since he'll probably make the max for nearly 10 years of his NBA career. That would be over 100 million dollars.
Got u again JTCK - i'm sorry i'm naturally sarcastic,things u can't always see on the web with no face,I was just Kidding.

and yes,great respect for the big,smart guy(well,at least he's uglier then i am)

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Originally posted by <b>bullet</b>!
Got u again JTCK - i'm sorry i'm naturally sarcastic,things u can't always see on the web with no face,I was just Kidding.

and yes,great respect for the big,smart guy(well,at least he's uglier then i am)
haha, I thought you were being sarcastic actually but I didnt know for sure. USE THE SMILIES! :D ;) :laugh: :yes: :cool:

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Originally posted by <b>John The Cool Kid</b>!

haha, I thought you were being sarcastic actually but I didnt know for sure. USE THE SMILIES! :D ;) :laugh: :yes: :cool:
U're right ;) blinker is kind of sarcastic

1 - 11 of 11 Posts