Professional and College Basketball Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not saying we're going to lose in the 1st round,but geez,have a little respect for teams we haven't even dominated this season. At their best,the Nets can beat any team in the playoffs. At their worst,they can lose to any team. We're aren't on that tier of teams where we can guarantee victories. What makes think we'll go far in the playoffs is the fact,that at our best,we can beat anybody in a 7 game series.

I hate it when reporters and fans of the Heat and Pistons talk about the ECF including MIA and DET like the other 6 teams in the East playoffs are powerless against these teams. I really hate it. It's a boring way to market a league,not being open to thrilling upsets. It makes those 82 games look useless.

Some of you are so busy jawing with Heat fans because we beat them 3 out of 4,that you've adopted that very same "We'll meet you in the 2nd round!" mentality.

Stay humble,and sucess will come. Be overzealous and get ready for a rude awakening,especially when the Nets have shown they can be terrific one quarter,and stupid the next.

Go Nets.

· Banned
320 Posts
Re: Why are most people here talking like it's a sure thing we'll be in the 2nd round

VCFSO2000 said:
I'm not saying we're going to lose in the 1st round,but geez,have a little respect for teams we haven't even dominated this season. At their best,the Nets can beat any team in the playoffs. At their worst,they can lose to any team. We're aren't on that tier of teams where we can guarantee victories. What makes think we'll go far in the playoffs is the fact,that at our best,we can beat anybody in a 7 game series.

I hate it when reporters and fans of the Heat and Pistons talk about the ECF including MIA and DET like the other 6 teams in the East playoffs are powerless against these teams. I really hate it. It's a boring way to market a league,not being open to thrilling upsets. It makes those 82 games look useless.

Some of you are so busy jawing with Heat fans because we beat them 3 out of 4,that you've adopted that very same "We'll meet you in the 2nd round!" mentality.

Stay humble,and sucess will come. Be overzealous and get ready for a rude awakening,especially when the Nets have shown they can be terrific one quarter,and stupid the next.

Go Nets.

i agree with you.

true it's a terrible way to market the league but the nba is basically two horse team.

spurs and pistons.

the nfl has been great because you never know who would win (excluding the pats) baseball the same way.

i don't feel the nets are the type of team that can right now look at round two. like you said when their at their best they can beat anyone when they are at their worst they lose to anyone.

my doubt is the nets lack of being consistent this whole season. that is why i do not see a long playoff run.

the nba is like this though if you look at reporters predictions espn tnt fox sports news.

when choosing for finals match up.

99.9% actually picked pistons and spurs again.

www.hypehoops.com

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Why are most people here talking like it's a sure thing we'll be in the 2nd round

killa kadafi191 said:
i agree with you.

true it's a terrible way to market the league but the nba is basically two horse team.

spurs and pistons.

the nfl has been great because you never know who would win (excluding the pats) baseball the same way.

i don't feel the nets are the type of team that can right now look at round two. like you said when their at their best they can beat anyone when they are at their worst they lose to anyone.

my doubt is the nets lack of being consistent this whole season. that is why i do not see a long playoff run.

the nba is like this though if you look at reporters predictions espn tnt fox sports news.

when choosing for finals match up.

99.9% actually picked pistons and spurs again.

www.hypehoops.com
That's exactly what I'm talking about. The doubt I have with the nets is their consistency. That's what makes me treat the 1st round matchuop seriously. And the same goes with the Heat,they're not a lock to win the first round matchup. Teas intentionally sleepwalk thorugh reagular seasons just to "turn it on" in the playoffs can hit a bump in the road in the form of a hungry,battle-tested team.

· Nets Fan
10,424 Posts

SeaNet said:
Its probably because the 6,7, & 8 seeds are pretty much embarrassments to basketball.
Life is not fair for a Nets fan. Last year we finished 42-40 ended up with an 8th seed. This year 42-40 would most likely get you 5th.

· Registered
1,134 Posts

SeaNet said:
Its probably because the 6,7, & 8 seeds are pretty much embarrassments to basketball.
Exactly, all the lower seeds in the east this year have been pretty damn bad this season. There's no reason to think that one of them will upset the higher seeds. An upset out West is more likely because the lower seeds are actually quality teams.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SeaNet said:
If they're such embarrassments to basketball,then why haven't we dominated them this year as we should have if we're that good and they are embarrassments?

Maybe because of inconsistency in the effort department?

That alone should be cause for concern.

· Banned
57,945 Posts

Good point, didn't even realize that.

-Petey

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm not trying to show a lack of confidence in the Nets,I just believe in being humble. Not jumping to conclusions.

· Registered
12,120 Posts
VCFSO2000 said:
If they're such embarrassments to basketball,then why haven't we dominated them this year as we should have if we're that good and they are embarrassments?

You should feel however you so desire. And, of course, as always, anything is possible. But me, I'm not terribly concerned about any of the potential 6-7-8 teams in the East. They are all bad, and have easily exploitable weaknesses.

· Registered
10,131 Posts

VCFSO2000 said:

we have not dominated those teams simply because the nets have a nasty habit of playing down to the level of their opponent. Yes, that is an issue in the effort department as you say, but i have no doubt that this will change in the playoffs when the games begin to become important and a 100% effort is essential to success.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SeaNet said:
You should feel however you so desire. And, of course, as always, anything is possible. But me, I'm not terribly concerned about any of the potential 6-7-8 teams in the East. They are all bad, and have easily exploitable weaknesses.
I respect your confidence. I've just always been a little cowardly...Always thinking about the worst possible situation.

· Burned
18,770 Posts
First of all, nothing we say on this board has any effect on the team or how they play.

If people on here want to be optimistic and upbeat about the team's chances, there is nothing wrong with that.

Second, they play seven game series in the NBA for a reason. It gives a huge advantage to the better team. No matter which opponent the Nets face, they will be the significantly better team.

There are those in this forum who are blanketing the board with their predictions of doom under the guise of "being realistic".

They do this so if the Nets should be upset they can fill this board with annoying garbage about how they were right all along and we were all stupid for having faith in our own team.

Don't fall into their trap.

· Registered
1,669 Posts

VCFSO2000 said:

Go Nets.

so your tellling me the other teams in the east can compete with the pistons!! what u smoking??

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ghoti said:
First of all, nothing we say on this board has any effect on the team or how they play.

If people on here want to be optimistic and upbeat about the team's chances, there is nothing wrong with that.

Second, they play seven game series in the NBA for a reason. It gives a huge advantage to the better team. No matter which opponent the Nets face, they will be the significantly better team.

There are those in this forum who are blanketing the board with their predictions of doom under the guise of "being realistic".

They do this so if the Nets should be upset they can fill this board with annoying garbage about how they were right all along and we were all stupid for having faith in our own team.

"First of all, nothing we say on this board has any effect on the team or how they play."

I'm kind of superstitious..I believe if you talk too quickly,you're in for a rude awakening. But that's just me. That's clearly not you. So we'll leave it at that.

I just feel that,at their best,the Nets can beat anybody. At their worst,they can lose against anybody and their "worst" has surfaced so much throughout the year,that if it comes back in the playoffs,none of us will be surprised. We'll just be like "....Not again"

· Banned
320 Posts

ghoti said:

i agree what you said and there are great points.

but i feel if you can support your reason on why u feel the nets going to lose than your over re-acting but if you can support it with logic and facts i can respect that.

i'm not even saying the nets will lose in 1st round i'm saying as Chuck did last night it's very likely due to if they play the pacers. who seem to have advantage over the nets and deeper.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

squaleca said:
so your tellling me the other teams in the east can compete with the pistons!! what u smoking??
All I know is the NHL playoffs are about the start and despite Carolina,Ottawa,Detroit and Dallas being the clear cut cream of the crop in the NHL,reporters and fans have kept an open-mind as to who will make the Stanley Cup finals.

While in the NBA,I've been bombarded with MIA-DET-ECF talk since the freakin' summer.

My dream would be Detroit getting eliminated in the 1st round...So people would wake up and realize that this league of ours has 16 teams in the playoffs..not 4.

· Fomer Admins are Kewl!
15,426 Posts
SeaNet said:
SeaNet vs. Beez at a game of Bball who wins? SeaNet = Nets, beez = Sixers

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.