Professional and College Basketball Forums banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems every time you criticize a player or a team you have a bunch of fans reply that you must be a hater.

Recently I've been called a Celtics hater for arguing that the Celtics don't have the best big men in the East, a LeBron hater for thinking LeBron will average 25/7/6 in his prime, a Mavs hater for calling Dirk a great player whose career won't be as good as Yaos, and too many others for me to remember. The funniest one was when some other Pacers fans said I wasn't a real Pacers fan because I said I would rather have drafted Shawn Marion than Jonathan Bender.

Then there is a thread on the Raptors board that says that people hate the Raptors because they are in Canada.

Why do sports fans act like paranoid schizos when someone makes a negative comment about one of their players? I'm sure many of these people are perfectly intelligent but they just seem to lose it. Honestly, I want to understand this phenomenon.

I wasn't sure where to post this, mods feel free to move it to where it belongs.

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
Word!

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Here is fine. But why are you hating on NBA fans...?

:angel:

·
Registered
15,963 Posts
I agree completely. If you aren't a fan of a particular team and you say something not overflowingly positive about them or one of their players, you're very often billed a "hater." Annoying, but I don't see any way around it besides not posting your opinon.

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Sadly, that's just how things work. Just gotta learn to live with it, or live with not posting your opinions at all.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
It seems every time you criticize a player or a team you have a bunch of fans reply that you must be a hater.

Recently I've been called a Celtics hater for arguing that the Celtics don't have the best big men in the East, a LeBron hater for thinking LeBron will average 25/7/6 in his prime, a Mavs hater for calling Dirk a great player whose career won't be as good as Yaos, and too many others for me to remember. The funniest one was when some other Pacers fans said I wasn't a real Pacers fan because I said I would rather have drafted Shawn Marion than Jonathan Bender.

Then there is a thread on the Raptors board that says that people hate the Raptors because they are in Canada.

Why do sports fans act like paranoid schizos when someone makes a negative comment about one of their players? I'm sure many of these people are perfectly intelligent but they just seem to lose it. Honestly, I want to understand this phenomenon.

I wasn't sure where to post this, mods feel free to move it to where it belongs.
everytime you turn around there's peeps saying that *insert random nba player* is better than dirk. that's just dumb. Everytime you turn around peeps on this board make excuses for teams like the spurs (only 2 wins against the other top four teams in the west) but whenever the mavs do something well it's a crime to speak on it or it's always downplayed or there's an excuse for why it's that way. it's annoying. 80 percent of the vs threads in here have dirk polled upa gainst someone and in everyone he loses them all. Why? let you guys tell it and dirk is one of the worst players in the nba. when peeps point out faults in other players or the same faults in the players yall bring up yall get mad and want the threads closed or if it's a mod the topic just "disappears" so let's answer that question. Why is it that everytime a mod gets embarrassed or "outdebated" on a topic they catch feelings and delete the threads? that's lame as hell.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:laugh:

You could replace Mavs in that rant with any other team and Dirk with their best player and you could probably find that post somewhere on this website.

·
Registered
346 Posts
man please. every thread no matter what it is it always goes to dirk's defense. what about peja? he can't rebound and plays less "d" than dirk but whenever I point that out peeps on here get mad and don't answer the question. Why is it certain players on this board can get a pass for shooting 38 percent lately (lebron) and playing no d and shooting bad (melo) but dirk stays getting dissed? I don't get it. Allen Iverson isn't a great shooter or defender yet he's praised for being a great scorer. Dirk doesn't even get that

·
Registered
7,552 Posts
Nobody feels the need to answer your Peja question you constantly ask because nobody is claiming Peja is better than Dirk, it is completely irrelevant.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts
Re: Re: Why are NBA fans so insecure?

Originally posted by <b>merc_cuban</b>!

or if it's a mod the topic just "disappears" so let's answer that question. Why is it that everytime a mod gets embarrassed or "outdebated" on a topic they catch feelings and delete the threads? that's lame as hell.
:rolleyes:

Well, thanks for the compliment. The arguments I've had with you never got deleted, so obviously you must feel I won the debate. After all you claimed that when I (or other mods) lose debates, we delete the thread.

Obviously a ridiculous charge, but then, you're convinced the world is out to get you and, more importantly to you, the Mavs.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Re: Re: Re: Why are NBA fans so insecure?

Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

Well, thanks for the compliment. The arguments I've had with you never got deleted, so obviously you must feel I won the debate. After all you claimed that when I (or other mods) lose debates, we delete the thread.

Obviously a ridiculous charge, but then, you're convinced the world is out to get you and, more importantly to you, the Mavs.
:rotf:

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by <b>Mike luvs KG</b>!
Nobody feels the need to answer your Peja question you constantly ask because nobody is claiming Peja is better than Dirk, it is completely irrelevant.
actually there was a thread about it and about 80 percent of the peeps said peja was better and that dirk didn't deserve to make the allstar team. Once again do you read other threads or just like replying to me?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Why are NBA fans so insecure?

Originally posted by <b>Minstrel</b>!

out to get me? Naw but I know more of my threads have been deleted by you mods before. It's cool though. you're actually proving the title of this thread to be right. I aint even mention the name minstrel in my post and you're getting all defensive about it. *shrugs*.

·
Registered
5,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What better way to prove my point than to have my thread hijacked by the most schizophrenic poster of all. Seriously dude, no one is out to get you, we just are fans of teams other than the Mavs.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Originally posted by <b>ArtestFan</b>!
What better way to prove my point than to have my thread hijacked by the most schizophrenic poster of all. Seriously dude, no one is out to get you, we just are fans of teams other than the Mavs.
schizophrenic how? cause I answered your question and youdidn't like the answer you got? I think the word you're looking for is "paranoid" or how bout "on edge?" before you try to "diss" someone maybe you should go to dictionary.com and find out what the word you try to insult them with means. You asked a question I answered it. A mod caught feelings. I replied back. I guess it must have hurt your feelings too cause now you're attacking me personally which is exactly what you said shouldn't go on on this board. but hey man "do you"

·
Registered
346 Posts
and if I said what you said to me you'd cry to the mods and this thread would be closed or locked or my name would be gone. I've learned not to even get mad about it anymore. That's just how peeps on this site are when they lose an argument

·
kiss my grits
18,629 Posts
and if I said what you said to me you'd cry to the mods and this thread would be closed or locked or my name would be gone. I've learned not to even get mad about it anymore. That's just how peeps on this site are when they lose an argument

I dont see how anything you've complained about in this thread would describe any sort of insecurity. If anything, your posts show some insecurity more than anything.

I think you need to chill out. Who cares if people dont think Dirk is better than other players, or the Mavs. People dont respect the Mavs because they havent proven anything. Their defense is not very good and they dont have an interior presence, and they wont be able to win a title without those things. And Dirk is a helluva player, but he just isnt up their in all-around game or dominance as some other players.

And if Dirk leads his team to title, you can have the last laugh. And I find your whole mod conspiracy theory as humorous as all the David Stern-Lakers conspiracy theories.

·
Our Sentence Is Up
40,250 Posts
What's worse is that those offering the criticism can sometimes be just as crazy. They think just because you don't have the same criticisms about a player you're the one who is wrong and deluded. And then they get all defensive about "hating"...the boat goes both ways, because it's part of human nature, and it's how people interact when it's about something that they care enough to be posting on a message board on a consistent basis about.

NBA Fans...NBA Fanatics...the fact that people could be shocked about people's allegience to their team is what shocks me.

Get over things. It's just sports/entertainment.

Which is why the Ballscientist is one of the best posters on this board. There's a level to his posts, whether intentional or not, that is like profound, yo.

·
Top Of The Pops
27,472 Posts

You asked a question I answered it. A mod caught feelings. I replied back.
I didn't "catch feelings." If anything, you've caught feelings with your "woe is me" attitude and your "threat," in another thread, to leave the boards entirely if everyone doesn't play nice with the Mavs and Dirk Nowitzki.

I simply noted that your paranoia of mods deleting anything they don't like doesn't hold water. I've gotten into lots of debates here, and I've deleted none of them.

You got threads deleted when you showed up with another user name (INTELLECT or somesuch) and started creating threads insulting anyone you didn't agree with.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts